Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Travis' 1st Father's Day

Apparently Aiden wore a lot of red this weekend. Not planned, I assure you.


It was a bit of a rough weekend for me. I started to get sick Friday morning and didn't shake the aches until Saturday afternoon. Then I spent the rest of the weekend feeling like I was carrying around an extra fifty pounds. Everything was difficult. Unfortunately, this fell on Father's Day weekend. I wanted to give Travis a break from the daily routine of parenting and it wasn't his fault I got sick. So! I took care of Aiden all weekend while Travis took a break.




I was really bummed to cancel my plans for Friday night, but since I had a low fever, I didn't want to risk passing it on to another mom. Travis did take care of Aiden Friday night for me. Both mornings I let Travis sleep in while I got up with the kiddo. I made muffins for breakfast on Saturday (it is so much fun that Aiden can eat with us now) and then I did a few things around the house while Aiden took his morning nap. I need to mention that I am absolutely DREADING Aiden's switch to the next class at his school when he hits 13 months because they only have one nap. I hope he's ready for that by then! Anyway, Travis really wanted to do some yard work, so when Aiden woke up, I took him to Hobby Lobby and the grocery store with me.

Aiden's favorite corner



That afternoon, Travis headed down to Galveston to hang out with Ariel and Robert. Rachel came over for dinner and helped me work on some of party necessities while we sipped on white wine and had Scotcheroos for dessert, courtesy of Rachel. Because we are officially old (I'll have to explain that one tomorrow), we were in bed by 10:30pm. I was a little worried about completing the craft work that night, since there seemed to be a daunting number of items to make. I couldn't believe we completed everything we could that night! I do need to make a run to the store to pick up a couple finishing items, but that will be cheesecake compared to the work we did. (Thank you Rachel for all your help!)

Aiden decided to play in the kennel while Rachel and I ate dinner. YUCK.


Sunday morning I made breakfast burritos for Travis - his favorite. Then we set up the kiddy pool in our backyard so we could relax for a couple hours that afternoon. Right after Aiden went down for his afternoon nap, Travis headed to the golf course to play a round with Chris R. I ran around like a madman trying to organize Aiden's clothes before he went to bed.

Every few months I have to put away all of the clothes Aiden doesn't fit anymore (I keep a basket in his closet where I can throw items as he outgrows them) and pull out to wash the next size up. We have been SO LUCKY to have friends with boys a little older than Aiden. Aside from a few random items (due to slight age differences during different seasons), we have not had to buy any clothes for Aiden thus far. Between Blair, Logan and a friend's child from work, we have been fully stocked for a year. And it looks like we should be good for at least another 6 months!

Anyhoo, that night, I made spaghetti for dinner. Aiden LOVES that meal. Especially the garlic bread. Seems strange to me, but who am I to hold seasoning back from the kid? Travis got home from golf just as I was finishing up the last load of laundry and we headed to bed. It was a LONG weekend. I'm really hoping Travis will let me sleep in one day next weekend!

1 comment:

Sara's Satire said...

Other than you not feeling well, it sounds like a wonderful weekend!
I have to go through Logan's clothes soon, and buy him some new ones - I will try to get it done in the next week so that I can just bring it down with me for Aiden's party! I seriously have no idea what to get Aiden...its times like this that I wish you could register for birthdays...then all I would have to do is get something off the list! LOL
Also, I think we are doing another float trip in mid-July....just a heads up!

Powered By Blogger