Monday, August 9, 2010

Another crappy weekend, minus the crap

Another messy weekend in our house. Aiden woke up Saturday morning with a barking cough. He didn't feel warm, but just in case I checked his temperature. No fever. Aside from the funny cough, Aiden was fine for the rest of the day.

Oh except for when Aiden decided that his new favorite thing to do is climb. He climbed up onto his toy chest in the living room and then fell off, scraping his forehead in the process. Then later in the day, he did the same thing off the futon in his room. Thankfully that one was onto the carpet, so he was fine.

The final climb was in the afternoon on the shelf in his room. I walked in as his feet were on the second shelf, hands on the top shelf. He fell down a second later. I ran to pick him up and that's when I realized he had reached into the reservoir on his vaporizer. His hand was covered in lavender oil, and now, so was my hair. I had lavender stuck in my nostrils for the remainder of the day.

That night, Travis and I went out for Zach's birthday and we left Aiden with the woman who watches him periodically. Last time I left him with her, he cried for an hour before falling asleep. After he woke up, he was fine and enjoyed the rest of his time with her. While I am glad that he got over whatever it was that bothered him, I really did not want him or the babysitter to have to go through that again.

To prepare, we stayed for 20 minutes, fed him dinner and played with this toys. Once he started running round the couch and he let the babysitter pick him up, we decided that was our cue to make our escape. The babysitter said that he cried for five minutes but was fine after that. He thought her son (who is around 19 years old) was the best. We were back by 11pm to take him home.

Sunday morning, though, he woke up with a fever. I usually set my alarm for a later time than he usually wakes up during the week, but I forgot to on Sunday. I woke up at 8, suddenly feeling like something was wrong. Aiden never sleeps in that late. I ran in to his room and he woke up. He didn't get up or say anything, but he was burning up. I checked his temperature while he drank his bottle and it was at 100.8F. I gave him some Tylenol and he started to feel better pretty quick after that.

We spent the rest of the day, alternating doses of Tylenol and Ibuprofen. His appetite was not completely normal, but it was better than I expected it to be. Sadly, we had to cancel our plans with the Ramby's. We just hung out at home.
THEN, Monday morning, Aiden woke up at 3 crying. He was burning up. I had to give him Tylenol, a drink of water, then held him for a while before he would go back to sleep. This morning I decided I was going to bring him to the doctor. Ariel has watched him all morning for us and now I'm just waiting for him to wake up from his nap. We have to go to Urgent Care since his doctor doesn't have an opening until Thursday. (!!!)

No comments: