Monday, April 16, 2012

A Sad Story

If you are from the area you might remember a story last April about a 4-year-old boy collapsing on his soccer league field.  He was dead before anyone could begin to revive him, though they tried.  Turned out he had a rare heat condition. 

The mother of this boy was my friend's son's teacher.  She immediately took her 9-month-old daughter in to get checked for the same condition.  Sadly, they found she did have it.  They put her on the waiting list for a heart transplant and began their wait.  When no heart was available by this January, they decided to put in a defibrillator in the event that her heart gave out as well.  There were complications and she died in March.

I do not generally like focusing on such sad stories, but this one in particular hit close to home - physically and emotionally.  I have a son who is not much younger than hers was when he passed, and we are about to add a daughter to our family as well.  It's such a horrible story.  I cannot imagine losing one child, let alone two within a year of each other.  No parent should have to endure that kind of loss. 

I was finally able to brave through her blog this past Friday.  My weekend was filled with lots of Aiden-hugs-and-kisses.  I definitely have had more patience for him since I got through that heartbreaking story.  If you are interested in reading more about her story, check out her blog:

No comments:

Powered By Blogger