Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Shopping Day

My boys
Friday was picture day at the daycare.  I actually got Aiden to wear a button up shirt.  He usually throws a fit, but he did it for Picture Day.  Friday night we ordered a pizza and watched the first Harry Potter movie.  Aiden was enthralled.  Travis was exhausted.

I think we got the bulk of our shopping done for Mila this weekend.  I would still like to get a new baby monitor (our original one was an old hand-me-down that's not doing so hot), some containers for storing baby/kid items and I have been buying a pack of diapers every time I go to the store.

Travis went shopping with me Sunday morning.  It was nice to have the help with Aiden and the cart.  Plus, we were able to take care of some heavy stuff that I haven't been able to take care of yet.  For example, at Christmas he got a basketball hoop from Travis' old boss.  Since he already had one, we exchanged it for a motorcycle that I have been eyeing for months.  We let Aiden choose which item he got.  There was no hesitation once he saw that motorcycle.


Aiden played dress up in Target while I looked for new sunglasses.

Could this store be more fun?
After Target we went to Babies R Us for everything we couldn't find at Target.  I've never been so disappointed with a trip to that store.  At BRU we got a going home (from the hospital) outfit for Mila, a Big Brother shirt and book for Aiden and a few other random items.  It was so fun shopping for baby stuff again.  I tried looking for an outfit for Mila at Dillard's, but good Lord is that stuff gawdy.  It was all too much for me.  I'm pretty sure they have a three-bow minimum for baby girl clothes.

BRU got a new ride with Aiden's favorite character

Aiden LOVES his new motorcycle.  He asked for it all day Sunday, but sadly we did not have time for it.  When we got home Monday evening, he played on it for a good hour.  It cracks me up because he's started being more imaginative with his toys.  The other day he got off his "4-wheeler" and started acting like he was taking stuff off it.  I asked what he was doing and he said he didn't want to leave his cups in the car.  Then Monday when he got off his motorcycle (he always parks his vehicles by the back door when we go in) he started pushing "buttons" and making noises.  I guess he was setting the bike alarm. 


I love having some daylight left when we get home at the end of the day.  I went grocery shopping Monday night so we ate sandwiches in the car.  I gave Aiden some yogurt when we got home, which he enjoyed outside while I brought the groceries inside.


No comments:

Powered By Blogger