Wednesday, November 11, 2009

4-Month Stats

Aiden had his 4-month check up Monday afternoon. Our big man weighs 16 pounds and stands (with help) at a towering 2 feet, 2 inches. Interesting thing is he is down between the 50th and 75th percentile now. Still a healthy boy!

I discussed starting Aiden on food with the doctor. I told her we have been offering him rice cereal every night for a week now, but he will have nothing to do with it. She said since he is holding his head up so well (which he's done for 4 months now) we can start him on pureed food. Travis and I talked it over and decided we are going to try it whenever he is feeling well (tonight?!?!).

Those immunizations tore Aiden up!! He cried for 10 seconds. Stopped a sec to think about it, then screamed again louder than the first time. He got it all out quickly, but of course was cranky for the remainder of the day. ESPECIALLY when we had to pull of those band aids. =(

Tuesday morning Aiden was being fussy. I gave him some Infant Tylenol and sent him to daycare. They called at 10:30 to say he had a fever of 101.5F and needed to go home. I called his doctor on the way to get him. They didn't have an opening until 4:45pm, but I reserved the time anyway. At 1 o'clock, one and a half hours after I gave him Tylenol, his temperature spiked to 103.2F. What temperature causes brain damage??? I called his doctor freaking out - could they see him earlier??? Should I take him to the ER???

At first they said, ER! As I was looking up directions (because the one in Galveston is closed) they called me back to say the doctor would fit him in. I was a crazy lady on a mission. I think I got to that office in 15 minutes. Normally it would take me 20 minutes just driving time. Then there's the whole packing up a baby + gear thing. I was freaking out. When I got there, I didn't even have to sit in the waiting room. They took us back immediately and the doctor came in two minutes after the nurse had checked all the basics (he gained 2 ounces in one day!).

The doctor we saw was different than his regular one, but she was super nice. She said he didn't have symptoms of any illness, such as pneumonia, kidney problems or flu. She was fairly confident that he was just having a reaction to his vaccinations. I figured that's what it was, but was worried about the high fever. The doctor calculated out the exact dose of Tylenol that was safe for him to take and sent us on our way. I hope he does better today!

Napping with Mommy

Cute sweater from Aunt Chrissie

Like father, like son, like cat.

Aiden's sunglasses

Mommy's sunglasses

1 comment:

Sara's Satire said...

I am sorry he doesn't feel well...that sucks. Two things I hate more than anything...#1 when my child is sick and #2 when I am sick!
The pics are adorable...he is such an angel! Good luck with the food...I think you will find that it is easier than you think...the first couple of attempts can be discouraging, but remember that it is completely new to you both!!!Soon enough he will be asking for MORE!

Powered By Blogger