Friday, November 6, 2009

Collision Update

Several months ago I blogged about my cousin and friends getting into car accidents (separately). Time has passed and everyone is still in the healing process.

I am happy to announce that my cousin Chris came home from the hospital yesterday!! He is talking and can walk with the aid of a walker. He didn't have any broken bones. Months of lying unconscious and not moving at all can take a toll on ones musculature. Chris is doing occupational, physical and speech therapies to help get all his functions back to normal. While it is under sad circumstances, I'm sure my aunt is glad to have her son back under her roof. He still needs help with all the day to day tasks, so he will be staying with his parents until he can go back to living on his own. Chris has made leaps and strides in his recovery in the past couple of months. I'm so happy to hear he is doing well!!

Wednesday seems to be fully healed since the accident with Becky. She only had a few bumps and bruises, so she didn't have far to go. Becky on the other hand is still deep in the healing process. I think she has made it through the hardest part of her recovery by finishing the surgery portion. Now her bones have to mend and she can begin her physical therapy. She is currently staying with family here in Texas since she has limited time to bear weight on any of her extremities.

Continue the improvement guys! You've done so great!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger