Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Viruses suck it

I know that I make my living working with a virus, but they still suck. Aiden has a low grade fever and has since yesterday. The daycare called me to say he had a fever of 105. !!! I freaked out, drove like a maniac to the daycare and straight to the doctor's office. When we got there, they checked his temperature and it was only 100.3. Doc said there is no way a fever could drop that fast, so there is a good chance his temp was actually 100.5 at daycare and that last zero got lost somewhere in the word transfer. Not a fun joke to play on Mom.

The doctor diagnosed Aiden with a viral throat infection. That means there is nothing we can do but wait it out. In the meantime, I am treating the symptoms (fever) and trying to ensure that he gets enough fluids.

Random funny fact I learned from the doctor: Aiden has hairy ear canals. She said it is fine, baby hair, but it is significant enough that she had trouble seeing his ear drums. LOL

Aiden has not slept through the night for a week now. This cold stuffs up his nose to the point that it wakes him up. I am exhausted. Actually, I think I am going back to sleep until Aiden gets up again. When he got up for the 7th time at about 5:15 this morning I checked his temp to find he still has his fever. I'm going to stay home with him today. If he is still sick tomorrow then Travis or Auntie Ariel will take care of him.

I'm sure this is the original meaning, but it is all new to me: I'm going to stay home and nurse my son back to health today.

Try to stay virus free!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger