Monday, November 9, 2009

Home Cinema

Travis and I joined the Rewards program at Blockbuster, so we have been watching quite a few rentals lately. It's been a long time since I've been into a Blockbuster, so I was surprised to see some things have changed. Like that you can choose to rent a movie for 3 days or 5 days, each at a different rate. Anyhoo, here are a few of the movies I've seen lately and what I thought of 'em.
  • Away We Go - It's a comedy-drama, which is a strange combination, but I LOVED it. I love the two comedians who play the leads in this, especially seeing them play more serious roles. Plus, Maggie Gyllenhaal plays an extremist parent which was beyond entertaining.
  • Shaun of the Dead - I know this is an older movie, but man was it funny. The videography in this one reminded me of Snatch with the quick screen changes to show a series of simple events. I think it was good in this film because it pointed out how lots of people end up living like zombies once they get stuck in their daily routines. I've decided that everything is funnier with a British accent
  • Phoebe of Wonderland - This one was too slow for Travis, but I enjoyed it. It's about a little girl (played by Dakota Fanning's younger sister) who has a big imagination and some eccentricities that her parents try to decipher.
  • The Passengers - Eh. It was ok. Before we watched the movie I was surprised I hadn't heard of it before because it has a couple mainstream actresses in it. After we watched it I wasn't so surprised anymore. It's about a small group of people that survive a plane crash who go to group therapy. The lead doctor is played by Anne Hathaway. Different movie that I was used to seeing her in, but I think she did a good job. Towards the end I was more than confused about what was going on. Right before the twist was revealed I figured out what was going on. There were some parts that were uncomfortable for me. I don't do well with forbidden relationships. Puts me on edge.
  • G.I. Joe - CHEE Z. I thought this would be better since the graphics looked awesome. Well, the graphics were awesome but the acting sucked.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I wanted to see Away We Go and then forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me!!

Powered By Blogger