Monday, November 23, 2009

Tags

Aiden is getting into the "tag phase". I think most people who have a young child know what I am talking about. It's kind of weird actually. He has a sudden intense facination with tags. You know, the little cloth strip on most stuffed animals and blankets on which the care instructions are printed. Whenever he notices a tag on a toy, he spends a good five minutes just playing with it. Then it usually ends up in his mouth. As do most things these days.

This "tag phase" is so prominent that toy makers have actually started manufacturing toys and blankets with a gazillion tags sewn into the seams. Aiden got a stuffed car toy in the mail from my cousin that is covered in tags. He mostly gets annoyed with it at the moment, I think because it is too large for him to manipulate for now. He'll grow into it, I'm sure.

This weekend was fun and, as always, too quick. Travis went with a friend of ours to his mom's house four hours away to help do some work around her house. He left EARLY Saturday and got back Sunday just before lunch. They may have worked hard, but I think they played harder. ;)

I didn't do a whole lot of playing while they were gone. Aiden and I ran some errands, and I spent a full day doing laundry and cleaning house in preparation of the holidays. It's been a long time since I've cleaned the whole house, top to bottom. It always makes me feel so good when I can go home and not have any chores to do. Although, that never lasts long. There are always bottles stacking up in the sink (Playtex drop-ins help cut back on that a little) and cat poo building up in the litter box. So fun.

Tonight is grocery night. I was hoping to buy the food for Thanksgiving this weekend, but I didn't have time. Instead I'm going three days before Turkey Day. I hope there's food left at the store!! I've got my fingers crossed that this year won't be as tough as last year. Everyone is bringing some food this year, so that should mean I don't have to buy as much. Last year I had so much food that I had to use TWO grocery carts. Now that was tricky.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger