Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

It's always so nice to have Travis at home all weekend. It makes it seem much longer than the ones where he is working on Saturday. This past Sunday, Chris and Shannon stopped by on their way back to Dallas. This was Chris and Aiden's first meeting. Unfortunately, Aiden was pretty sleepy and not really up for socializing. Too bad. =(


After they left, Travis and I made a quick run to the grocery store and then headed to the disk golf park. Aiden was still really tired and cranky, so I ended up heading back to the car after 15 minutes of him crying in his carrier. I fed him in the car before going back out to the course.

Asleep at the wheel


I put Aiden in his carrier facing me so he could sleep on my chest, but he would have nothing to do with sleeping. Instead he observed the great outdoors.

One of the guys (who we met up with at the course) threw his frisbee into the top of this very tall tree. Lucky for them there were a bunch of vines hanging down for them to pull and shake until the frisbee fell free.




Nice throw.


It was a long day for Aiden. We have to be careful about doing so much. Aiden has started to get distracted very easily. He used to sleep anywhere, but now it's like he'd rather stay awake and be a part of the activity than fall asleep. By the end of the day he is a monster version of our son; one I'd rather not know.

It was so nice outside though. It was so peaceful; a little cool, clear skies, the mosquitoes were as under control as we could hope for in the middle of a park with ponds. Great weather. I hope we are so lucky this upcoming weekend!

3 comments:

Alexa said...

I love that photo of him at the wheel!!! HAHA, poor little guy :). Let me know if you do an outdoor activity this Sat or Sun. Blair and I would love to join you!

Sara's Satire said...

The picture of you kissing Aiden's head is beautiful...definitely one you should print out and frame! Glad you guys had a good weekend!

Nikki said...

Definitely, Alexa! I didn't actually partake in the disk throwing, but it was a nice random trip outdoors.

Sara, I need to print A LOT of photos. Time to visit walmart.com I think.

Powered By Blogger