Monday, January 18, 2010

Enjoying coffee at the moment because I CAN

Guess who likes Biter Biscuits?! He's not crawling yet, so much as he is creeping, but I couldn't wait to give him something to gnaw on while Travis and I eat our dinner. His teeth/gums have been really been bothering him for the last few days. Check out this biscuit face...


I have officially stopped breastfeeding. My body is still adjusting, but it was not as bad as I thought it would be. I am super upset about how fast we are going through formula now. Although, the good news is Aiden has started to like rice cereal and he's eating food three times a day. That means his doodie is starting to look like adult-doodie. It cracks me up because now I know when he is dropping a deuce because he gets quiet and still, then the smell hits me. Because of this, we have decided to take him off of the rice starch formula. Good news here is the regular formula is $5 cheaper. And at one tub of formula a week, that's huge savings in a year!!


Travis and I have started a new ritual for our weekday evenings. We take turns making dinner every night and whoever is not cooking, feeds Aiden his bottle and gets him ready for bed. Then we all sit at the table together to eat dinner. Aiden gets a biter biscuit or a piece of frozen fruit in the teething feeder while we eat our meal, then we feed him a little bit of pureed food. He is still mad for green beans and we are trying to get him accustomed to fruit. It seems to be a little tart for him, so he has constant food chills. I laugh EVERY time. Never get tired of that.



Aiden is sitting up so well these days. He still cannot be trusted to sit by himself, but he has almost mastered the skill. I don't know what's wrong with me because I never mentioned this ability to the daycare. I guess I just assumed that they would figure it out. But last week when I was picking Aiden up from school, his teacher asked me if he had ever sat up at home before. Oops! Well, now they know and can work on that with him during the day too.


This weekend was AWESOME. I ended up not getting to sleep in until Sunday morning because Travis went out Friday night. I am thankful I got to do it though!! Travis and I ran some errands Saturday and did a little cleaning around the house. Then we had our friends Allison, Jerry and their daughter Elise over for dinner.



After dinner, we threw Pinocchio on the TV and plopped Elise down in Aiden's chair. When we bought it I was super excited that Aiden could use it as a rocking chair when he was a toddler (right now he uses it in the swing). Elise was a little nervous about leaning back in the rocking chair, so we just reclined the seat for her so she could enjoy the movie. Her favorite part was the Wish Upon A Star video in the bonus features. That girl is so smart it amazes me every time I see her. She will be three in June and can speak VERY clearly. Her vocabulary is insane, she can feed herself with a spoon and she is socially outgoing. That's the fun part for me because there is no warm-up period like there is with most kids.


We stayed up late drinking mimosas (leftover from New Year's) and chatting it up. Aiden was in bed, so we were able to devote our full attention to adult conversation. The best part is I was able to enjoy it all because I knew I would be able to sleep in the next morning. I woke up at 8am feeling completely refreshed. Travis was yelling at me to go back to bed because this was my first chance to sleep in. What?! I DID sleep in! TWO hours!! And if you consider that I usually get up at 5am during the week, that means I slept in THREE hours. Holy cow.






When I got up Aiden was just going down for his morning nap. Travis hopped back in bed and flipped on the telly to catch up on football while I worked on a celebrity crossword puzzle. We didn't get out of bed except to bring food back until Aiden woke up at 10am. Travis went over to the neighbor's house to watch the Cowboys play the Vikings (they lost - boo) and I vegged out more, this time on the couch.


I had to run into work for a moment at 4pm, while Travis took Aiden to the park to play disk golf. I drove straight there after work to walk with the guys for a bit. All in all it was a great weekend!

2 comments:

Sara's Satire said...

At least you only have 6 months of buying formula instead of a full year. Once he turns 1 you can switch to cows milk...and when he gets a few months older you can start giving him more food and juice and less formula! Just be thankful you breastfed for 6 months...you seriously saved some money! We keep getting coupons for formula, but we have no need for them. If you use Nestle Good Start let me know and I will send you the coupons - they are pretty good...I used Good Start with Logan - They send me several every 3 weeks or so. I have a $10, $8, $6, $3, $2, and 3 $1 coupons.

I thought Elise was older than that...she looks older..I thought she was closer to Logans age...
She is a big girl!

Nikki said...

I have gotten some great coupons for Nestle formula at the store. If we can successfully take Aiden off the rice starch formula then we might switch to that.

Oops you're right!! She is two and a half... changing that now...

Powered By Blogger