Friday, January 15, 2010

Two baby-free nights in one week!

Last weekend was a busy one. I am still tired from it. Actually, I've decided that I am permanently tired. Even on the days when I could take a nap, I end up rushing around trying to clean house, or run to the grocery store. I've decided that this morning's feed will be the last one, which means Daddy gets to wake up at 6am with Aiden. Hooray for Mommy!! This will be the first time in SIX MONTHS that I have slept in past 6 in the morning. It's gonna be awesome.

Back to this past weekend... Saturday night Travis and I went to our friends' house in Houston. Josh turned 30 last week!! They had a BBQ and keg and lots of people. This was the first childless party Travis and I have attended since we've had Aiden. My mom was still here after Christmas, so she stayed home with him. It was easy for her though, because Aiden went to sleep an hour after we left.

I was so nervous about driving home after the party. Not because I was drinking - I was a responsible designated driver - but because I have not stayed up past 11 in months, let alone had to drive that late. To prepare, I brought along a mug of coffee which I started chugging about 30 minutes before we planned to leave. Everyone was pretty confused about why I would bring my own coffee to a party and then drink it without an alcohol mixer. Eh.

Saturday, Travis was out of commission until 1pm. He was not the DD, hence the heavy drinking. While he may not remember it, I think he had a good time. After Travis was able to make it out of bed, get a little food in his stomach and take a shower, we headed up to Chris and Alexa's house. We had a laid back evening hanging out and eating all their food. Thanks guys!! Oh and the boys were absolutely adorable...

Watching TV together on the floor. Can you see Aiden's spiked hair?


Blair was intrigued with Aiden's pacifier. It has a hole in the nipple so you can see into his mouth. About 15 seconds after I took this photo, Blair stuck his finger in said hole.



I can't wait to see this picture from Chris and Alexa's camera. They were all smiling!!! SO CUTE. Blair wanted to hold Aiden again, which cracks me up to no end.

Monday night, I was out drinking again!! Ha. A friend at work just finished graduate school and headed off to Maryland this week. To celebrate, he got a bunch of people together at a pub in Galveston. I killed time after work at Ariel's house, then headed to the pub. I stayed until 10:15, which was much later than originally planned, but I was having too much fun to leave! It was so nice to talk with Nadya, without the kiddos distracting us constantly.

I have spent the rest of the week trying to catch up on my sleep by getting to bed between 8 and 9. So far I've only been successful on two nights. Bring it on Travis'-two-day-weekend! Mommy can't wait for the help!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

these babies are so cute! i can hardly stand it!!!!

Powered By Blogger