Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Day Spent In

This Valentine's Day was a different one for Travis and I. In the past, we have usually gone out for dinner on this holiday. We don't eat out very often, so that was one of our few chances to splurge on ourselves. This year we decided to do things a little more laid back. I didn't want to spend too much time trying to decide who's Valentine's Day I would ruin by asking them to watch Aiden for us while we went out. Besides, we thought we'd spend the day of love with our new love: Aiden.

I had to run into work briefly, first thing in the morning. The benefit here is I was in Galveston first thing in the morning. Do you know what that means? Bronco breakfast burritos!!! Travis absolutely loves these things. The restaurant that makes them is called the Donut Shoppe. Ironically, their main selling point is their breakfast burritos. If you are ever in Galveston, I highly recommend making the stop, but make sure you are hungry because those suckers are HUGE.

Anyhoo, Travis called in the order while I was on the road, which meant it was a quick in and out. There was a table set out front with Girl Scouts selling cookies. Normally, that is a good thing. This time it was just a tease because I was without cash. BUMMER CITY.

Travis and I proceeded to spend the entire day doing nothing. And it was awesome. I work hard around my house all week long, so I look forward to a few minutes of sitting occasionally during the week and definitely on the weekends. Travis is really good at ruining this "relaxation time" by doing work around the house. I usually end up feeling guilty that I am sitting and he is working. That means I either sit on the couch toiling with my guilt, or I get up and do something to make myself feel better. That's what was so special about this Valentine's Day. No work. For either of us. Wahoo!

We watched a lot of DVR'd shows and two movies: Zombieland (Rule #3: Beware of Bathrooms. LOL!) and Extract. For lunch, we had a frozen pizza and then went to the store to buy dinner. We had sushi, spring rolls, edamame and Red Truck Pinot Noir. Delicioso!

For dessert, I attempted to make peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips. I looked at the wrong recipe for ONE ingredient. Unfortunately, it was a very important ingredient - baking powder. I put in three times the recommended amount and the result was some very dry and fluffy peanut butter cookies. For those of you who are not familiar with peanut butter cookies, they are NOT fluffy. At all.

Needless to say, I ended the day with a big ole tummy ache. Too much crap for one day. That's for sure.

I hope everyone was able to spend the day with someone they love. Cheers!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger