Monday, February 22, 2010

What have I been up to lately?

I have been pondering this question recently and every time I think about it, I can never come up with an answer. Travis and I have not been on any trips, we haven't attended any large events or parties. I think this about sums it up:


I remember being little and feeling bad for my parents because they didn't get to hang out with their friends every day like I did. Little did I know, that work was a large part of my parents social life. Don't get me wrong, they had friends and we went to their houses occasionally on the weekends for dinner and cookouts. But they didn't get the daily climbing-trees-with-your-friends like Ariel and I did. Now I understand why.

The whole process of taking care of a family takes up ALL OF YOUR TIME. I usually get off work at 5pm. When I get home, I spend until 7:30 taking care of Aiden (feeding, baths, play time, etc), then I usually spend another hour after he's gone to bed taking care of the house (cleaning up dinner, laundry, etc), and THEN another thirty minutes taking care of myself (shower, brush teeth, etc). By the time it's all said and done, we sometimes have time to sit on the couch and watch a show, but usually I'm ready for bed by this point.

SO! Aside from the daily run around that is my life, I have been fighting a mad case of dry hands. Not sure what that's about since I am pretty sure that we life in the most humid place on earth. Travis applied for a weekend job at a couple places in hopes of making some extra cash to pay off the remainder of our hospital bills. We have both been making an effort to find ways to cut back on our monthly expenses (refinancing the cars, changing Internet plans, downgrading our satellite plan, etc).

On the weekends, I spend most of Saturday (while Travis is at work) doing odds and ends around the house and I always find time to take Aiden for a walk. Sundays, Travis and I do a couple things around the house, go grocery shopping and then either go for a walk or we go to the disk golf park.

Yesterday, a couple of our friends happened to be going to the disk golf course at the same time we were. They planned to have a BBQ afterward, so they invited us over. It was so nice to get out and do something different than normal. I really enjoyed the change of scenery.

For the past couple of weeks, Aiden has REALLY been battling with teething. I can SEE his bottom, front left incisor and it feels sharp, but the dang thing just will not break through! It's going to be the death of me, I'm sure of it. Aiden wakes up every morning between 3 and 5. If we are lucky, he goes right back to sleep after we put the pacifier in his mouth. If the cards are stacked against us, then we get to sit up with a cranky baby for 20-40 minutes after we've given him Tylenol and Orajel, waiting for him to calm down enough to go back to sleep. By then, there is usually only a few minutes left before my alarm is set to go off, so I just lay in bed for a minute before peeling myself off the mattress to start my zombie day.

I keep feeling OLD because I'm ready for bed every night at 8, but after laying it all out there, I'm not feeling so guilty about that anymore. Ugh, is it time for bed yet?

No comments:

Powered By Blogger