Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Teething Monster


That's what I am living with - the Teething Monster. One second I have my sweet baby boy, the next I am dealing with tantrum city. A regular Jekyll and Hyde scenario. I am so glad that he has finally taken to the teething feeder. So far he has only accepted it with frozen pineapple inside. The next thing we're trying is frozen peaches.

Aiden definitely prefers salty over sweet. He LOVES veggies, but struggles with fruits. We tried giving him apple cinnamon cereal puffs and he would have nothing to do with them. Hoping it might be the flavor and not the puff itself that deterred him, I bought cheesy carrot flavored puffs. Turns out he loves them! He is definitely like his father in this regard. Travis will choose Ramen noodles over cake any day.



I am proud to report that I feel (almost) back to normal! After a year and two months of loaning my body to Aiden, I am finally my own person again. Throughout the pregnancy, I was careful about what I did and did not eat and drink. I took vitamins, ate my veggies, drank lots of water and avoided caffeine and alcohol. After I had Aiden, but while I was breastfeeding, I had to continue with the regimine with a few exceptions.

Once Aiden's feedings were spaced further apart, I started drinking caffeine again, but only immediately after he ate. That way the caffeine would be out of my system before his next feed. I also partook in an adult beverage every now and again, but not without consequences. I almost always had to pump after drinking, which is my ALL TIME LEAST FAVORITE THING EVER.

But now? Now I can have coffee whenever I want. Tired at 3pm? It's okay! Drink some coffee!! Tired at 5pm? It's okay! Drink some more coffee!! Also, I can have a beer or glass of wine with dinner now. Which is pure awesomeness. Aiden's feeds always seemed to fall right at dinner time, which meant water with dinner for Mommy. Nowadays, I'm all over that booze. ...JK... But seriously, it's nice to have my body back to myself. At least for now! ;)

2 comments:

Alexa said...

Awww, I feel for ya sista....Blair is getting his second set of molars. It SUCKS. Molars, for Blair, have been the worst experience by far. I can't wait for those suckers to finally break through all the way.

My body is getting taken over...ugh. Forgot how much I didn't like this part. I can't wait to feel the little guy/gal, that makes it worth it!

Nikki said...

It DOES make it worth it. Plus, I heard you can usually feel the baby moving earlier in your second pregnancy than your first. Bonus!

Powered By Blogger