Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The MLK Day Peddler

A couple weeks ago, when the weather was really nice, I decided to stop by the car wash. I thought I'd just pop in some quarters and spray the winter junk off my car. When I get there, a woman asks me if I need any help. I tell her no, but thanks, and get on to washing my car. I was starting with the brush when this guy walks up and tells me I'm doing it all wrong. He goes up to the option box, presses a button for another function, tells me to put in my quarters and begins to spray some tri-colored foam on my car.

I told him, it's okay, I got it. Turns out, he didn't care what I thought. He keeps telling me to put in quarters as I walk up to him to take the sprayer. They guy was bouncing around like crazy, talking really fast, explaining how this foam was better than the brush because the brush leaves a film on the car. I finally give up and decide I will change the sprayer to the rinse as soon as he is done with the foam and I will take over again.

That was a no-go. The second I change the button to rinse, he runs over to the sprayer and takes over that. By this point, I am beyond irritated. I just wanted to drop by the car wash, give the car a quick rinse, and be on my way. Instead I have to deal with a crazy peddler who was probably on meth.

As soon as the machine ran out of change, I told him I didn't have anything for him (IE, money) and I hop in my car to get out of there. When I got to the daycare to pick up Aiden, I noticed some foam still on my car that was in the process of drying to my clear coat. UGH. I did not have time to rinse off the dried foam when I got home, so it sat there until Travis washed my car yesterday.

Thankfully, the clear coat is unharmed. My mentality is another story.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger