Friday, April 30, 2010

Glorious Galveston!

Our little vampire, dubbed Baby Edward by Alexa...


The weather has been absolutely GLORIOUS for the past week or so. I LOVE this in-between-weather. You know, the weather between monsoon season (winter) and sauna-level heat and humidity (summer). Last weekend we took full advantage of the cloudless skies and barbecued, went for walks and even a visit to the beach!










Unfortunately, Aiden didn't enjoy the beach much. It was crazy windy, so our sun cover tent kept trying to blow away. We ended up putting the back half on the ground so we had a makeshift cabana. Every time the tent would blow back a little and expose Aiden to the sun, he would scream. Then after I put sunscreen on Aiden he rubbed his eyes. He started screaming 15 seconds later, which confirmed that sunscreen had gotten in his eyes.

He was cranky for the next couple of hours, all except for when he was playing in the water and in the sand. Well, until he rubbed his eyes with sand on his hands, of course. UGH. We'll have to try the beach again later. I would imagine the best time would be once Aiden can walk, so he doesn't have his hands in the sand the whole time.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

aww, look at that little baby vampire! I wonder if he'll have more teeth when I get back?? Was he eating the sand???? He's got an awful lot of it on his mouth. And, I love the little plumber diaper butt picture!

Nikki said...

Ya, he is definitely working on filling in the gap between his canine teeth. I bet they'll be in within the next week or two. CRANKY BOY.

And yes - he ate the sand. We took a quick picture before rinsing off his face. I was ready for him to eat it and OF COURSE it happened the second I turned my back. Silly Daddy - tsk, tsk. He reminded me of that guy from V for Vendetta. http://vforvendetta.warnerbros.com/

Powered By Blogger