Monday, April 19, 2010

Neighborhood Watch

More midnight drama at the Ward's house!

At 12:30am (just after Travis got home from HD) Thursday night I woke up to screeching tires just outside my window. Immediately after the screeching tires came a lot of yelling. I assumed there had been a car accident - why else would someone slam on their brakes so suddenly?

Apparently, another reason is because you are in the middle of an argument with your passengers and would like to scare the crap out of them. I went outside to see what all the commotion was about and Travis followed me onto the front porch. We could hear the people in the truck arguing, although we couldn't figure out what it was about.

Two women got out of the truck and they yell some more. Then BAM. The driver throws the truck in reverse and guns it down the street, then turns down another street. In reverse. That pedal had to be to the ground. His tires were screeching the entire way, dust flew up in the air, and then he flies through Cowboy Willie's yard. Poor guy has had the worst luck lately with idiot drivers turning his property into a high traffic area. I checked it out the next morning and if that guy would have swerved into Willie's yard just another foot, he would have gone down a 3-foot ditch and probably rolled his truck right into Willie's house.

The driver stopped just a few yards later, magically facing the opposite direction, and the passengers started to run after him screaming for him to stop. At this point I turn around to Travis frantically worried that the driver might throw the truck in reverse and run into our house. I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep knowing that some wacko was sitting outside our house with the potential of killing us or our son in our sleep. So, Travis called the police. It took them about 10 minutes to get out, which was a bit longer than the last time we did our civic duty (see link in previous paragraph).

The cop had them stopped for a good 20 minutes. By this point, they were too far away for us to tell what they were saying, especially since they had stopped yelling. It looked like the cop gave the driver a breathalyzer. I guess he passed, because he let him go a little while later. Travis and I drove down that street the next day and we're pretty sure that guy lives in a house on that street. Dumbass.

I'm sure it's so crazy by my house because we live in a crazy town. And I'm thinking it's even worse because we live on a fairly busy road. I can't wait to get out of this town! We talked with our realtor and she seems pretty confident that we should be able to sell our house next year! Let the countdown begin...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger