Friday, April 2, 2010

Kilbury-Routh-Hargus House


Growing up we lived in an old Victorian house that was built in 1895. I came across this photo today and it shows our old house at the end of the road before it was moved. The house was moved twice. The first tmie was in 1959 when it was moved just a few yards because they built Interstate 74 and wanted the on ramp to be where this house was sitting. The second time was when my parents bought it and moved it to their land, where it sits today!

I'm not sure what year this photo was taken, but it has to be before 1959 since it is in it's original location and the roads are MADE OF DIRT.

Also found this photo. I worked in this building in high school at the St. Joseph Apothecary, where I was a Pharmacy Techinician. When this photo was taken, it was still the depot for the Interurban - a little trolley car/train that you could ride to and from the "big city" of Urbana for just five cents! When I was a little kid, I used to go up to the pharmacy that I later worked at and bought Tootsie Rolls and individual Jolly Ranchers for five cents each. Irony, anyone?

No comments:

Powered By Blogger