Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Decade + 1

11 years ago today, Travis walked me to my Advanced Biology class (like he did everyday) and before he sent me in he asked if I would go out with him. I remember the first time I told my parents that so-and-so had asked me to go out with him, I was in 4th grade. Their response? "To where?!" LOL! I didn't understand what they meant. We weren't going anywhere. That was just how you asked if a girl would "go steady with you." So funny how the wording changed. And it doesn't even make sense, when you really think about it.

I was a senior in high school and Travis was a sophomore. I think his mom was just about as thrilled about her son dating a senior as my parents had been when I did it as a sophomore. But this one stuck.

It is insane to think that we have been together for so long. Or that it's been that long since I was in high school. But really, I can't imagine NOT having Travis in my life. He's been there through the thick and the thin, as they say. I'm so happy to have him.


This photo was taken not long after we started dating. We were at a party at my friend's house. Good times.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger