Friday, October 15, 2010

Squeeze | Sleepy

I don't know why but I have a REALLY hard time falling asleep without Travis in bed. It's silly, because it's not like I need him to snuggle with every night. It's more like his presence is what allows me to sleep comfortably and safely.

Last night was rough for this reason. Travis made a last minute decision to meet the guys from work and their family for drinks at Squeeze, a tequila bar attached to The Spot. I took advantage of this alone time to have uninterrupted reading time. Unfortunately, this meant I didn't have Travis there to point out when it was time for bed. Next thing I know, it's 11 o'clock. I freaked, because I wanted to go to sleep immediately. I turned off the light and rolled over.

Blink, blink.

I didn't feel tired. I thought about reading more until Travis got home, but I didn't actually know if he was going to be out much later, so I sent him a text. He had no idea when he would be home, which meant I definitely shouldn't wait up for him. I flopped back over in bed, then decided to go to the bathroom and let Callaway out one more time. On my way back to the bedroom, I stopped in Aiden's room to see if he was cold (our windows are back open again). Really, I think I was just making up excuses to not go to bed without Travis.

Travis pulled in the driveway at 3 in the morning. I know this because Callaway made sure I knew he was home. Dang dog.


I woke up with a crick in my neck and a headache. Not sure if it's the lack of sleep, or just how I sleep, but it's enough to make me a little cranky. I took Tylenol and now I'm working on some coffee. Hopefully that will help...

Happy FIRST Birthday, Landry!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger