Friday, October 29, 2010

Booked through December

The holidays have caught up to me unaware. I have come to realize that aside from the regular end-of-year holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas), I know a lot of people with birthdays during this time. My mom, Ariel and Alex all have birthdays within two weeks of each other. A number of my friends' kids have birthdays around now. AND I've got a wedding to attend next weekend.

Our financial plate is FULL.

Thankfully, this year Ariel and Robert are hosting Thanksgiving. We will still bring a dish or two, but at least I won't be responsible for the majority of the load.

We were hoping to make it to Illinois this winter for Christmas, but we made the decision to stay here after going over all our expenses for the next couple of months. Each of our parents had tried to convince us to stay in Texas anyway. I think they are all looking for an excuse to escape the frigid winter. As much as I would love to see my friends back home, it will be nice to not have to travel. I think it's a little less stressful this way.

This is the first year that we are truly drawing names from a hat for Christmas gifts. In the past, we sort of tried this, but always ended up getting a large gift for the name we drew, then a small gift for each of the others. This year, we all decided we are old enough to bypass doing hundreds of presents. The only one not included in the drawing was Aiden. Everyone wants to get him something. =D

Bring it on holidays! We don't need to eat, anyway!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger