Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ringing in the New Year

Bill, Joyce and Sean stayed through until Sunday, so we had some time to hang out. They took us out to eat almost every other night. (I still need to go try out the scale...) Aiden really enjoyed the chocolate cake at Fisherman's Wharf.


Travis and Sean took a brotherly photo in front of the restaurant. We were all sporting Illini gear to celebrate our win. It was amazing how many Illinoisans were still in town.


It was ridiculously humid for several days. There was actually standing water in the garage from it, despite running a fan out there all day. Travis and Aiden took a moment to sweep up the mess.


Pierre loves his mommy!


That garage was SUCH a mess! Travis spent several hours the next day putting in another shelf and filling it up with boxes. Although, he had to leave the Christmas boxes out so we can fill them back up this week. Travis and I are contemplating purchasing a shed to put behind the garage. The idea of renting storage space makes me cringe. Most of the stuff out there is baby gear that I don't want to get rid of until we are done having kids. There's no reason we can't reuse it. It's just a matter of storing it until the time comes.


For New Year's Eve, we just stayed at home. Ariel and Robert had to work since they're both in the business of hospitality. My dad spent the evening at Ariel's bar getting hit on by some hot chick... ... ... ...


Blink, blink.

WHAT?! Get off my dad! Seriously? He's 62 years old!! Ariel said a good-looking girl in her 20's was hanging on him all evening. My dad even admitted he had to leave the bar because she kept trying to pull him out on the dance floor. Bwahahaha!


Joyce and I made a pork roast in the Crock Pot for an early dinner. Then later in the evening, after Alex got there, we broke out a few appetizers. All seven of us played a friendly game of Taboo and then counted down with champagne in hand at midnight.

I was really worried beforehand that I would not be able to stay awake until the ball dropped, but I made it! I couldn't believe it! I even mustered up enough energy to play a couple games of beer pong with Travis, Alex and Mom afterward. It was interesting to say the least.



I'm pretty sure my mom and I lost both games. But the first game, as you can see here, was a close one.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger