I'm going to take a moment to boast about all of our financial pitfalls lately. It's been riding heavily on my shoulders recently and I figured why not blab to the world about it?!
Here's a list of our financial woes:
- February 18 - Travis had his hernia repair surgery, for which we had a co-pay due before the procedure. We are currently still paying for the remainder of the balance.
- Sometime soon after recovering from his surgery, Travis smashed his front tooth at work, which is actually a crown. That was a lot of money up front.
- Travis was driving his truck several months ago and his tire blew out. It ripped completely from one side to the other, so he had to put on the spare. He is still riding on that spare while we wait for money to magically appear.
- Last month, I went in for my annual inspection to find out that the tread on my tires are getting bad. They sad this is the last year it will pass so I need to get FOUR (as opposed to Travis' two) new tires by next summer. It would be nice to get them sooner than later though because I have noticed lack of control in heavy rain.
- Travis recently went a week without pay. Because we had all these recent expenses, our savings has been depleted, making that time really hard to recover from. We technically had another two weeks without a paycheck from him because his new job only pays every two weeks. We were used to weekly paychecks for him.
- AND NOW, I have been laid off. I have until the end of July to find a new job. I work in research and am paid with soft money. That means when the money runs out and they can't find more elsewhere, I get canned. My bosses are really sad to see me go and they are currently doing everything they can to keep me, but nothing is secured.
- We thought we had some extra money lying around made plans to build a patio before all this mess started. I love our patio, but I wish we could have used that money for surgeries, dental work, tires, Aiden's birthday party and, honestly at this point, groceries. Hindsight is 20/20.