Wednesday, July 27, 2011

On the Fence

As of right now, I still don't know if we are going to get that Mazda. Although, we should know by tonight. Travis went up to talk money last night and we weren't too happy with their offers. They are offering $2000 less than the NADA recommends for a lower quality Murano. I am aware we've had some problems with the Murano in the past, but as far as I know, there's nothing currently wrong with it aside from the fact that it needs new tires. And those don't cost $2000.


We still have the Mazda, so Travis is taking it up there tonight with a counter-offer. If they don't accept, then we're going to decline. If that's the case, then we'll probably wait until we get our tax refund next year to put down on a new car. I'm in no hurry at this point, so it's not a big deal.


I really like the Mazda though. My biggest problem with their offer is that it would put us under for even longer. I like this car, but I would like a bigger vehicle in a few years. We wouldn't be able to get out of this car for 5 years and that's too long for me. If we wait until next year, then I might aim at getting the CX-9. It's pretty much identical to the CX-7, but it has third row seating.


My foot is doing much better today. There is only a bit of swelling right around the bite.


Things are moving fairly swiftly for me at work. I start in the new lab on Monday, but I will be coming back periodically to do work for my "old" boss, aka The Boss Man. I've been busy with training and getting signatures approving my training and that will continue for the next year probably. I'm only making the first steps now. I'm looking forward to a change of venue and daily tasks, but I will miss my old lab. I really get along with The Boss Man and I know how this lab works. The new boss seems really nice, so hopefully that lab will be just as awesome.


I keep meaning to take a photo of the wall progress, but I haven't yet. We need to buy a gallon of primer paint, which I am planning to get tonight. Travis has stucco up on about a third of the wall. I think he's getting pretty good at it!

3 comments:

Sara's Satire said...

my advice to you about the car is to just wait. Especially if you are going to be upside down on it AND you are going to want something bigger within the next 2-3 years. Like you said, you aren't in a huge hurry, so just give it a little more time...unless of course the Mazda is something you just can't let go of and you HAVE to have it! LOL You said that you would have lower payments though, so if they accept your offer - you could think about paying what you currently pay now. That way you could pay it off faster and maybe in a few years when you get the bigger one you wouldn't be upside down??? Just a thought.
I didn't realize you got a job in another lab. I knew you were trying to, but I didn't realize it happened...so YAY!Good for you!

Alexa said...

I am so glad you might be getting a new one!! Plus, you will have more buying power on trade in on this new one than on the murano. I got a GREAT deal on my new pilot when I traded in my 3 year old pilot. You are getting a car that people want. That Mazda is popular and has great review, plus, it is foriegn, always a plus. So when you trade it, you'll get more on it than you owe. Totally worth it. Yipppeee!

Nikki said...

I'm getting really excited about this NEW car. I was hoping we would have all this done tonight, but it turns out the loan process isn't complete. I hope it happens tomorrow. This is ridiculous!