Thursday, July 7, 2011

Sunday Funday...

The Sunday after Aiden's birthday party, we spent the entire day working on the wall (aside from the couple hours I had to run into work). Over the course of several hours, I dug one and a half post holes. Tuesday night, Travis did eight in two hours. I don't know why I even wasted my time trying.



After Aiden woke up from his nap, I threw on his swim trunks and let him loose in the yard. It was nice to have that redneck kiddie corral leftover from the party. See that orange construction fence in the background? It's hideous, but awesome for parents with small children. The good news is we won't need it anymore after we get the wall up.



Ariel even came over to help us in the afternoon. She took a break to chase Aiden around. It will be nice to have Auntie Ariel around as Aiden gets older. She is so great with sports and active fun. Perfect for a little boy!



Sooooo much concrete. While I was "digging the post holes", my dad and Travis dug a hole for the footing. A portion of the wall is going to be 8' tall, so we need to have a nice, strong foundation to keep it from topping on us while we sit on the patio.




The Ward's left their mark, although you'll only be able to see Aiden's hand print after we build the wall.



When they were done pouring the concrete, we called it a day. We snacked and relaxed for a bit before Aiden went to bed. Soon after that, Ariel, Travis and my dad left for Ariel's softball game. I stayed home and got stuff together in preparation for our 4th of July celebration. I fell into bed like a log around 11 o'clock. Apparently, everyone else got home soon after that and stayed up until 2 in the morning, chatting on the patio. It's funny how much use that patio is getting lately and we haven't even made it a private area yet!

2 comments:

Sara's Satire said...

Do you have any idea how long it will take to get the wall built? Logan is begging for me to take him back to the beach...AND he keeps telling me we have to go to Aiden's birthday party. I guess he doesn't understand that you only have one birthday a year. I mean he still tells me that he NEEDS a new toy for his birthday every time we go to the store! LOL

Nikki said...

Travis is really gung-ho about stuff like this, so he's not going to stop until it's finished. I'm hoping we'll be done with it this weekend. Well, mostly done. We won't be able to paint the trim for a month or so because we are using treated wood. The chemicals need to leak out a little before it's a good idea to paint it.

We are going tonight to buy concrete blocks so we can start building the wall around the grill area. Busy, busy!

Powered By Blogger