Friday, December 2, 2011

16 Weeks

I had my monthly visit to the doctor on Wednesday.  She said I have a large uterus.  Exhibit A:


Doc also explained that the medication I'm taking for nausea (Zofran) can cause serious constipation.  That explains a lot of what I've been dealing with lately.  I'm sure everyone is better for knowing that tidbit about me.  But I feel you need to know that to better understand this next bit of information: I've probably been feeling the baby move.  On 4 or 5 occasions I have felt movement down there, but thought it was related to the lack of general movement down there. But every time I felt it, I thought, "Wow.  That feels like when Aiden was moving.  Oh I can't wait until I can feel this bambino moving around in there!"  

Thing is, I thought it was too early.  I believe I felt Aiden move for the first time when I was around 17 weeks along.  And it was so faint that it just as well could have been gas bubbles.  This is not faint.  I even get shifting of my tummy, like the uterus is more on one side than the other.  

The doctor said that women generally feel the baby moving earlier (14-16 weeks) with the second and subsequent pregnancies.  Top that with my "large uterus" and I should be feeling this kiddo moving, according to her.  So, yay!

Another side effect of Zofran: headaches. They are KILLER.  Tylenol has never helped my headaches and unfortunately that's all I'm allowed to take at the moment.  It does dull the pain, but the only way it disappears completely is after a night of sleep.

I'm now taking some OTC meds to counteract the previously mentioned side effect of Zofran.  Still waiting for them to go into effect.  Any day now...

2 comments:

Sara's Satire said...

You seriously look great! How often are you taking the Zofran now? I think my nausea went away (for the most part) at about 16-17 weeks, so maybe yours will let up a little bit soon! Hopefully that will help with both of your major side effects.
As far as the baby moving, yeah - you feel him much earlier the seond time around, I was about 22 weeks the first time I felt Logan, and 15-16 weeks when I first felt Landry. It kinda runs along the same lines as you get bigger faster the second time around, and I have a feeling that may be why your uterus is LARGE??? Maybe.
I was told my uterus was large with Logan and Landry.
My advice(that you didn't ask for), try to watch what you eat, and drink lots of water. Water, water, water. Especially if you start now, it will help with your feet swelling.

Nikki said...

Thanks! I feel like such a cow already. LOL! My goal this time around is to gain closer to 25 pounds than the 41 I did with Aiden. It wasn't that rough to get off, but I think I will feel better about myself.

I am pretty good about drinking water. I was with Aiden and I'm doing it again this time around. I don't know if I ever told you, but when the doctor broke my water with Aiden she said, "Wow. There's a lot of fluid in there." I thought it took a long time to 'empty', but this is the only water breaking I've been around for, so I didn't say anything. It made me laugh.

I'm probably only taking Zofran 2-3 times a week now, as opposed to every day or every other day like I was in the beginning. So it does seem to be tapering off. THANK GOODNESS. The only bummer is when I do get nausea now, its extreme - complete with gagging. I didn't have that before. SUCKS.

Powered By Blogger