Monday, December 5, 2011

Watching a lot of TV lately

I have been watching a lot of TV lately.  I know I've mentioned it before, but we no longer have good adult channels in the living room.  We downgraded our satellite package to help save money, so now we have a DVR and family channels.  When we got our Internet, it was cheaper to get a package deal with cable.  We had cable forever that we weren't using because we had DirecTV.  But when we got rid of satellite in the bedroom, we started using the cable back there.  It's nice because we still get good channels (MTV, E!, VH1, AMC, FX, etc), but it's rough because we don't have a DVR.  That means I have to know what time shows are on that I like, then I need to allott time to actually sit down and watch them.

That means on Sundays I watch The Walking Dead and Wednesdays I watch American Horror Story.  Lots of gore on my TV lately.  Not sure why these shows appeal to me so much.  I've always liked supernatural stories, I guess.  I also watch Vampire Diaries (guilty pleasure), but that's available on the DVR.  In addition to these shows, we've been trying to catch up on Season 1 of Game of Thrones.  We don't have HBO (although I'd really love to get it someday), so we missed this series when it was live.  I've heard lots of good things about it and wanted to give it a try.  I love it.  Again, it's gory.  My plan is to finish watching this season, then watch it live with friends who have HBO (Michelle and Linsey both watch this show).  We'll have to see how well that works out.

Oh, also on my plate: Baseball Wives.  I don't think I would watch that show if I didn't have the Linsey connection.  But man was it funny knowing that's her cousin.  Bwahahaha!!!  They say right off the bat (no pun intended) that everyone knows of Anna and her reputation.  Ominous start.  She didn't fail to keep up her side.  Did anybody watch it?

No comments:

Powered By Blogger