Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Holiday Parties, Part II

On Sunday we went to a Christmas party for Travis' work.  This is our first at his new job since he started in May.  I was looking forward to finally meeting everyone.  He has showed me a photo of them on their website, but I hadn't met any of them in person (except for one).  It was nice to get a feel for the people Travis works with on a daily basis. 

Kids were not invited, so we left Aiden at Blair's house for the afternoon.  Of course he chooses a day with someone else to sleep three and a half hours!  He didn't wake up until shortly before we got back from the dinner and that was only because Alexa woke him up.  Crazy kid.  I'm pretty sure it's because he was sleeping in Chris and Alexa's bedroom, which is PITCH BLACK.  I've decided that when we can afford it, one of my purchases for the kids' room will be black-out curtains.  They work wonders.

The "dinner" was at a seafood restaurant in a town we don't visit very much.  We'd been there once before with the Ramby's, but I didn't realize until we got there.  I put dinner and quotes back there because we ate at 2:30 in the afternoon.  It worked out well though.  They had an open appetizer buffet when we got there.  Then we were allowed to order whatever we wanted off the menu.  Of course I wasn't feeling that great with the scent of seafood wafting around me.  I had the opportunity to get a $30 fish plate, but opted for a chicken salad.  Travis had Avocado Mahi.  I was thinking about getting it, but was glad I had my fresh greens when they brought out the plates.  Travis loved it.  I just wasn't up for it.

Speaking of nausea, it's gotten A LOT better.  I have found that the only time it hits me hard is after I take my vitamins.  I've been playing around with when I take them, trying to find a safe method.  I'm still working on it though.  It didn't matter if I took them all in the morning, or the evening.  Either way I felt horrible.  So I've tried splitting them up throughout the day.  I don't have it perfected just yet.  But I think I've pinpointed it to the DHA supplement.  Not sure why it's affecting me so hard this time because it wasn't an issue at all last time.

Anyhoo, the dessert was chosen for us - blueberry bread pudding.  I can't stand soggy bread, so I've never liked bread pudding of any kind.  I skipped on dessert. 

We had free drink coupons for the evening.  It was supposed to be 2 per person.  Travis was happy to use mine.  HA.  Plus, his boss bought him a few drinks.  He talked the ENTIRE ride back to the Ramby's and he even sang to Christmas music.  I didn't realize he knew the words to Christmas songs.  Guess it just takes a few Jack and Cokes to bring out his holiday cheer.

Unrelated, but here's a couple photos I never shared...

Aiden helped decorate the Christmas tree.

He hung his 1st Christmas ornament, as our annual tradition.

Aiden likes to rock his Cowboy Woody hat whenever he gets a chance.  It goes nicely with his pirate sword.

Here is the only photo I took of Aiden opening his gifts with Santa.  I love being a parent.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger