Friday, December 30, 2011

20 weeks

Halfway there!  I still can't believe we're going to have another baby.  I also don't think I've really come to terms with the fact that we are having a girl. I was thinking about how I will need to get new clothes for stuff like Astros games (if we can ever get up there for one again) and birthdays.  After I thought we were having a boy, I looked at those onesies and imagined getting photos of Colin in the same outfits.  Things will be a little different now.  Although I do plan to reuse the Illini gear.  No reason a girl can't wear orange and blue!

Our surprise gift this year: It's a girl!


Travis and I had a mini freak out tonight.  We were putting Aiden to bed and Travis was in the closet, "We have to fit two sets of clothes in here."  The logistics of fitting a second child into a 1300 sq. ft. house is insane.  We want an armoire for the guest bedroom, I'd like to get some corner shelves for the kids' room, and I'd love to get a buffet table for the dining room.

In order to put the crib in Aiden's room, we need to move the futon out of there.  I was hoping to move it into the guest bedroom, but then we need a computer desk somewhere else in the house - a place to do bills and store our computer.  WHERE ARE WE GOING TO PUT THAT?  Travis and I decided we need a bigger house.

2 comments:

Sara's Satire said...

Nikki you look absolutely adorable! I understand what you mean, I spent 39 weeks trying to wrap my head around having a girl, and once I finally started picturing braiding her hair and painting nails and picking out dresses, I find out its a boy! Gah!
As far as the house, you will probably need a bigger house at some point, but I am sure you can make it work for a while. Maybe you can buy an organizer to hold the bills, and for now just do them at the kitchen table. Or you may be able to get a small desk and put it in the corner of the dining room??? I dunno!

Nikki said...

I asked Travis if we could put a small desk in the kitchen but he doesn't want a desk higher than the window. Picky, picky. The organizer is a great idea. Maybe I could buy some boxes to hold the drawer contents.

Powered By Blogger