Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Dancing Toilet Santa

I can't recall if I've mentioned it before, but several months ago we put Aiden in a dance class that comes to his daycare once a week.  He has never liked dancing very much and I was hoping this would help him out in that department.  And it did!  Sometimes when a song comes on that Aiden enjoys, he'll start wiggling and say, "Dance Mommy!"

I'm about to do some bragging, please forgive me.  We got a progress report from his instructor last week.  The options were Unsatisfactory, Satisfactory and Superior.  Aiden received Superior marks in everything!  The instructor also left the following note: "Aiden does really great in class and he knows all the dances.  I put him in the front of the class so he can lead the other children."  Ahhhhhh!  I love it!!!  I think that is my first time with serious praise from a teacher.  So. Exciting.



This last weekend, Aiden got a wild hair up his butt and decided he wanted to use the big potty.  He came running into the kitchen with his pants around his ankles asking me to take off his diaper.  I quickly obliged and we ran to the bathroom.  Well, I ran.  He waddled with his pants around his ankles.  He hopped up on the toilet so quickly that I had to catch him from falling in.  I stood there, coaching him on.  He suddenly stood up on the stool, and turned around to face the toilet.  He wanted to stand up to pee.  CUTEST THING EVER. 

After a moment, he turned around and sat down.  By this point, Travis was in there with us.  This time when Aiden sat down, he fell all the way in - butt in the water, shirt soaked.  I was so worried it would make him afraid of the potty, so we laughed it off.  I think we did okay.  He only got upset when we made him change his shirt. 

Sadly, there was no pee in the toilet. 

I did, however, buy a toilet seat insert so he won't fall in anymore.  It's covered in super heroes, so I'm hoping that makes him want to spend more time in there.



This weekend we went to a Christmas function for my work.  It was at the director's giant house.  Santa was there and since we were late getting to the party, we had Santa all to ourselves!  Which was great because Aiden was really slow to warm up to the guy.  We had to sit in the living room for five minutes trying to get Aiden over there.  Travis stayed with him and I went over to sit next to Santa on the couch.  Travis finally convinced him to walk over to the couch.  Travis sat on the other side of Santa and Aiden got up on his lap.  And the only reason he did so is because Santa bribed him with a present.


Of course, after opening his gift, he didn't want to leave the couch.  Santa was such a good sport, so patient with him.  Aiden never cried, but we didn't get a good photo of him facing the camera.  I was still very appreciative of Santa's patience.  I suppose he's probably a pro with this sort of thing by now.

After meeting Santa, we went downstairs and decorated some Christmas cookies and Aiden ate the gum drops off the gingerbread house the other kids had built.  Probably a germ factory, but what are you going to do?

No comments:

Powered By Blogger