Wednesday, November 23, 2011

15 Weeks Tomorrow

There are so many things I forgot about while being pregnant.  I've been going through my belly book (week-by-week play book of what was going on with me during the pregnancy) and found several things I forgot.  One of the symptoms I didn't remember is the Braxton-Hicks.  I had them with Aiden starting at 12 weeks.  Braxton-Hicks contractions are minor practice contractions that happen in some pregnancies.  They are not debilitating, just annoying.  I get them whenever I am active, like when I walk across campus or when I'm moving boxes around at work.  I've been having them a lot for the past few days.  Just in time for busy Thanksgiving!

I'm already noticing some of the hindering aspects of having a baby bump.  It's larger than it was last time at this point, but it's not gigantic by any means.  Yet.  But I have had trouble getting out of the car in parking lots a few times.  I can't just suck this puppy in anymore.  I have a feeling things are going to get more difficult when it comes to getting Aiden in his car seat.  It's one thing to slip in through the cramped area.  But to stand in it, life a child and then buckle him in.  I'm going to have to start allotting more time to do things so I can let Aiden do more for himself - like climbing in and out of the car.

I'm finding I have much less patience for pregnancy-related problems this time around.  I don't know if it's because I have to take care of another child or if it's the lack of newness.  Last time it was the first time I was experiencing any of it, and if I wanted to sit all day and take a nap, I did.  Oh the days when I was free!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, about the lifting up Aiden and getting him into the car... just a few months ago, Matthew started getting into the car and his carseat by himself. Now we have a truck, and it's high, but he INSISTS on doing it by himself - he literally drags his bottom half onto the floor of the car and wiggles his way into his seat. Maybe this weekend, bring a little step stool to the car (as long as Travis is there to help out) as you're loading up and see if he'll do it by himself. Matthew is very much in the "I'LL DO IT MYSELF" phase, so I imagine Aiden's not too far behind.
And if he doesn't get there... well, honestly, I don't remember it being too painful when I was 8-9 mos. pregnant lifting my 80-pound son into the car.
Just hang in there!!!

Sara's Satire said...

It still blows my mind that you had and are again having braxton hicks contractions already. I didn't have a single contraction with Logan, braxton or otherwise, and with Landry I think I had 2.

As far as the car seat and Aiden go..is he still in the middle seat or is he on one side of the car? I know the middle seat is the safest, but the truth is, your going to have to move him over anyway once the baby comes along, so you might as well do it now, it makes it easier to get him in.

Its probably a good idea to let him start trying to do things on his own (if you have time), I wish I could remember some other tips for you. The truth is, you get used to it and then you never really think about it again - if that helps any. Eventually it will get better, Logan is now old enough that he opens the door and gets in all on his own, while I take car of Landry. I dont even remember when this started happening...I am just so used to it - so one day, not too far off, Aiden will be doing the same thing!

Nikki said...

Aiden does get in and out by himself sometimes. But it takes so long (he practically has to climb a mountain) that I often find myself just lifting him in to speed up the process. The other problem with lifting Aiden/being active is that it sets off the Braxton Hicks contractions. They're like cramps, so it's not HORRIBLE, but it's still not ideal.

I know I already talk to you about it Sara, but I moved his car seat over to the side a month or so ago. I wanted him to get used to sitting there BEFORE the baby comes. I'm trying to change as much as possible before the baby comes so Aiden doesn't associate it with and develop animosity towards the newbie.

Alexa said...

Sorry to hear about the BHs. I had them from 12 weeks with Blair and Skylar, and they only get worse. With Skylar I had to go to the high risk doctor for about 4 extra visits due to the BHs. Mine were debilitating. The high risk doctor said that I had a 'BITCHY UTERUS'. Very funny huh? I was on bed rest 2 or 3 times because of them. They suck it.

Nikki said...

I remember that Alexa. I was afraid I'd have to get bed rest last time if mine got worse, but it never did. Mine aren't debilitating. Just annoying. And easily set off. =/

Powered By Blogger