Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Someone's always sick for the holidays

I'm worried Aiden is going to be sick for Thanksgiving.  He woke up the past two mornings with a hoarse cough.  No fever yesterday.  Today his temperature was elevated one degree.  That could be due to his full-on temper tantrum he threw ALL MORNING.  I gave him ibuprofen both mornings in case his throat hurts.  I tried to ask him if it did, but he didn't seem to understand me.

We are going to do what we did last year and go over to Ariel and Robert's for Thanksgiving.  I'm going to prepare a few dishes in advance so all I have to do is heat them up when I get over there Thursday.  We'll go over before Aiden's nap and let him sleep there.  That way I can help with the cooking.  They are frying one turkey and roasting the other.  Lots o'turkey.  We're hoping to eat at 3pm.  That almost never happens on time, but I can hope!  The best part about eating the meal early is then you have room for dessert and possibly leftovers in the evening.  Ugh, love that.

I did the bulk of my grocery shopping last night.  I have to run by a different store tonight to pick up a few items I couldn't find at the last store.  I NEED this place to have pie crusts, because I really don't want to have to add making a pie crust to my to-do list tonight.  As it is, I already need to pick up Aiden, run to the store, drop of the recycling at the center in Galveston, go home to make dinner and then make a pecan pie.  All after I get off work at 5 pm. 

Definitely stopping for coffee this afternoon.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Ahh.. Thanksgiving at Ariels and Roberts was fun last year! Tell them all I said.. "Hello"

Sara's Satire said...

For as llon as I can remember, I have always been sick either on Christmas or Thanksgiving. Once I hit 20 it seems that it only happens every other year. I have no idea why it is. Weird! Glad to know it isn't just me.
At least you have plans for Thanksgiving. we are still up in the air as to what the hell we are doing. I am waiting for my mom to tell me what her plan is, JR's family hasn't come up with a plan either, so of course, I get stressed out. I just want some damn turkey and dressing! I think we are going to go to my dad's football game in Victoria at 2 on Friday and then head to Galveston. Hopefully, my Nanny will still have some turkey! LOL And hopefully we can stop by for a little visit with you guys!

Nikki said...

Sara! Call me when you know you'll have time to visit! Sounds great!

Jenna, I'm so bummed you don't get to come again this year. Ariel told me to invite you again. I said, "She moved back to Maryland. Remember?" "You didn't tell me that." "Whoops." ;)

Powered By Blogger