Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Busy Bees

Aiden and I had a full three-day weekend.  Unfortunately, it was Travis' weekend to be on call.  So he had to work Friday and Saturday morning.  I didn't want to stay home the whole time, so I made plans for Aiden and I to get out of the house.  Friday morning, we went to a park we've never been to before.  It had lots of structures for Aiden to play on and there were several trails and ponds.  First I let Aiden run around with the other kids on the playground.


I am really annoyed that I can't get these photos to load upright. It would probably be fine if I did it from my computer at home, but I won't have time to deal with it later.



The structures seemed to be aimed at various age groups.  The one closest to the parking lot was the least scary one for me.  It was low to the ground, with lots of virtually risk-free things to play with.  The one furthest from the playground (there were 4 structures within walking distance) was the one Aiden liked the best.  It had the highest slide that he kept climbing to and going down.  I call those types of slides tornado slides because it spirals all the way down.  It prevents the kids from shooting off the end when they get to the bottom.


After the playground, we walked over to the nearest pond to see if we could find any wildlife.  We saw three turtles and a ton of dragonflies.  We walked down one trail for a bit, but then had to turn around because I was getting hungry.  I get more panicky that usual these days when I get hungry.  I live in constant fear of setting off the nausea.


One of the serious downsides of my fear of hunger and the resulting nausea is that I find myself eating out more often than I'd like.  Generally, I only eat out zero to two times a week (including breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner).  The fast food grease makes me feel really bad about myself and I find that I don't get enough fiber in my diet when I eat out frequently.  But for the past few months, I have been eating out two to four times a week.  If I am out of the house and I get hungry, I don't wait until I get home.  I immediately pull into the nearest drive thru and proceed to shove face.

So, Friday when we left the park, I realized it was already noon.  We usually eat lunch at 11:30 and Aiden naps at 12:30.  I wanted to go to the grocery store before we got home, so I opted for eating out.  Again.  I didn't know the area very well, so I just drove until I saw something easy that sounded good with Aiden along.  Cici's Pizza!  Ha!  Travis hates going there because he said he always ends up spending hours on the toilet after that place.  I don't know if he's serious, but if I could have that side effect, I would be GRATEFUL.  Pregnancy is not the best on an already iffy digestive system.

Turns out, kids 3 and under eat for free!  I only had to pay for myself, and it's not an expensive place to start with (salad, pasta and pizza buffet).  That helped with the financial guilt that I usually feel after eating out as well.  Aiden was so spoiled this weekend.  We went to the park, we had pizza for lunch AND he got to watch cartoons while he ate lunch.  That rarely happens at home.

After lunch we went to the grocery store, then headed home for nap time.  I'm trying to get Aiden to go down for nap time on his own.  He does fine at night when it's dark in his room, but it's always been a struggle during the day when he can easily see all his toys.  I have to go in his room every 5 minutes to tell him to stop playing with his toys and get back in bed.  It's so time consuming because that takes 30 minutes to an hour.  We've been going in and laying on the futon in his room so he would stay in bed.  Half the time we fall asleep in there too.  But we need to stick with it this so we can have our noon time back!

Friday night I had a couple girls over from work for dinner.  I made lasagna for the first time and I think it turned out pretty good.  We watched Bad Teacher.  It was okay.  I had a hard time getting into the love interest at the end because I didn't think they made a good couple.  It was a comedy though, so that didn't entirely ruin it for me.  Travis put Aiden to sleep, so I got a little break there. 

It was a busy day, but it was nausea-free.  That made it awesome.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger