Thursday, November 3, 2011

Aiden's New T-shirt


If you are friends with me on Facebook, then you already know the big news.  I'm pregnant!  12 weeks today.  I am due May 18th, which means I'll probably have him May 25th.  Wink, wink.  It seems so far away, but then when I think of the financial side of it (hospital bills, daycare costs, etc) it seems way too close.  I had an ultrasound yesterday and found with 80% certainty that we are having another boy!  Holy cow!  Can you imagine?  TWO boys.  Every night before bed, Aiden gets a second wind and he and Travis rough house.  I think it actually helps him work out any remaining energy he might have had.  Last night I asked Travis if he could imagine TWO boys coming at him like that.  HA!  I think I have to write it like that for here on out.  TWO boys.

When the doctor saw the baby's gender-parts, he said he is 80% sure it's a tally whacker.  Snort.  He said he couldn't imagine THAT turning into a clitoris, but he is only allowed to give me 80% assurance at this stage in the pregnancy.


We go back in 7 weeks and he should be able to confirm the gender with 99% certainty.  The doc told us not to go out and buy anything just yet, until we can be sure.  I told him we don't have to buy anything!  We had a baby boy two years ago and we have saved everything.  I know it stresses Travis out to see all the stuff we have in boxes in our garage, but he'll probably appreciate it now.  

This time around, we'll donate everything after we're done with it.  Travis said he doesn't want to have any more kids after this.  The idea of having three boys under one roof really freaks him out.  I'm not giving up hope just yet.  And I'm for sure not going to let Travis snip his goods until we are SURE we don't want another one.  If we do try for another, it will be when this peanut's getting ready to start Kindergarten.  I want a bigger gap between the next one so we don't have a bunch of little guys running around.  Oh and the daycare costs are a good deterrent as well.  My point is, there's no reason to store everything for that long.  We'll just donate.

We've been trying to explain this whole baby thing to Aiden.  I'm not confident he understands.  We need to get some big brother books to help us out.  We keep asking him if he wants a baby.  He says, "Ya.  I want Baby Skylar."  Skylar is Blair's baby sister.  Aiden's other friend Luke has a baby sister as well.  I don't think he understands that babies can be boys.  Eh.  We've got time to explain it.

Tonight at dinner, we asked Aiden what we should name the baby.  He voted for TV.

We're not going to keep the name a secret this time.  It was really hard last go around and it would be nice to hear some opinions this time.  I had the name Aiden picked out since I was in high school, so there was no changing that one.  This time, I don't know what we want.  We will be giving him Curtis for a middle name, after Travis' dad.  Aiden's middle name is Gregory, after my dad.  Here's a few names we've come up with.  None of them are a MUST HAVE, but they appeal to us for one reason or another:
  • Everett
  • Lachlan
  • Foster
  • Noah
  • Chase
What do you think?

No comments:

Powered By Blogger