Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Birthday and Pumpkin Carving

The Sunday after the museum was the birthday/Halloween party at Ariel's house.  

Ariel and mommy-of-two Allison


Ariel's favorite holiday is Halloween.  I think she feels like it's her holiday because it falls so close to her birthday.  On top of that, she is the 'night' portion of our day-and-night duo.  Halloween goes hand in hand with the night.  Every year she spends a good part of her paycheck on adding to her All Hallow's Eve decor.    Check out her entryway.


For her birthday lunch, I made a couple dozen cupcakes in her honor.


They were supposed to have a gummy zombie hand coming out of the grave, but I couldn't find the in the store and didn't have time to order them online.  Bummer.

Last week while Brenda was here, we carved pumpkins for Halloween.  I always carve them too early so they are a rotting nasty mess for the night of trick or treating.  I timed it better this year and the pumpkins were good through the weekend.  Sadly, I never made it around to buying the electric candles, so the pumpkins were not lit for the spooky evening.

Aiden was not as impressed by the pumpkin guts this year.  (Last year he was all for it.)  He pulled some of the seeds out of the guts and then decided he would only use a spoon from then on out.  He enjoyed watching US pull out the goods though.



Aiden took a moment to flip through the pumpkin carving book while Daddy worked on Spiderman and I worked on the owl.


He kept wanting to stir the guts in our pumpkins, so Grandma cut open the third pumpkin and let him have at it.  As you can see in this photo, Aiden went to bed late A LOT while Grandma was here.  There was so much to do!


Aiden was super excited about his Spiderman pumpkin.  I think Daddy was a little annoyed with me for choosing the one I did.  Little does he know, I actually chose the easier of the two I found online.  I think he did a fine job.

1 comment:

Sara's Satire said...

Bwahaha...those pumpkins are AWESOME! You guys are always so creative and festive. We didn't do pumpkins this year:( Not that I really cared, but I do feel bad that I didn't let the kids enjoy the spirit! OOPS! Oh well, there's always next year!

Powered By Blogger