Thursday, May 17, 2012

39 Weeks, 6 Days

Not much going on over here.  I had two days with lots of energy at the beginning of the week, but then yesterday I went back to being dog-tired.  It may have had something to do with Aiden waking up at 4:30 am because he was struggling with getting his blankets situated.  Travis took care of it, but his initial scream for Daddy startled me awake so I had trouble getting back to sleep before my 5:45 alarm.  Today I'm in between.

A friend of mine from grade school had a due date very near to mine.  She went into labor in the middle of the night Tuesday and waited it out as long as she could at home.  She went to the hospital yesterday morning and delivered her son last night just after 9 pm.  I am SO jealous.  Ha!  Although, I'm pretty sure she did it without any drugs and I don't think I will be able to do that.  I'm going to try to go as long as I can, but I remember it being a lot harder than I thought it would be last time.  We'll see. 

There was some miscommunication between my dad and I.  I thought he was arriving today, but he is leaving Illinois today.  Since he is not leaving until this afternoon, that means he won't be getting in until tomorrow sometime after I've left for work.  Aiden was a little bummed there will be no Gpa today, but I think he'll survive another day without him. 

I've got a busy morning at work, but the afternoon should be nice.  I'm going out to lunch with the girls from work, then heading to the OB for my regular weekly appointment.  I have my fingers crossed that my doctor will say I'm showing some signs of labor so she will be able to strip the membranes.  But I have this horrible feeling there will be nothing and we will have to go from zero to induction sometime next week.  The only saving grace is that I know there will be no longer than nine days until I have this little girl.

I realized recently that if I have Mila at the end of next week (around when I would be induced), then she will have a three-day weekend near her birthday (Memorial Day).  Travis' birthday is always around Labor Day.  He said he grew up thinking the three-day weekends were for his birthday.  My cousin's birthday is on the 4th of July.  She grew up thinking the fireworks were for her birthday.  Funny how kids work.  Even if the three-day weekend isn't FOR her birthday, it would still make celebrating it more fun. 

One and half days of work left.  One day until my dad gets here.  Two days until I am PANTS-FREE!!!

1 comment:

Sara's Satire said...

Haha...my birthday is Flag day, and I grew up thinking people put their flags out for my special day. To this day my favorite colors are red, white and blue!

Powered By Blogger