Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Prenatal Exercise

As I have mentioned before, I am ready to have this baby.  I thought I would make an attempt to get things moving with a walk Monday night.  Aiden has been asking to go for a walk a lot recently, so I figured I could kill two birds with one stone. 

Aiden and I ate dinner while Travis dealt with the fraudulent bank activity.  It worked out that we were done eating around the same time Travis got off the phone with the bank. Aiden chose his new motorcycle to take on the walk.  At first, I was thinking the motorcycle was a good idea.  He wasn't very good on it, so he was really slow.  When I walk, I get contractions.  I was hoping to take it easy on the walk. 

But then, Aiden warmed up to the bike and got going fast.  I decided this might be a good way to push myself, so I tried to keep up.  There were a few times I had to have him wait for me, but for the most part I kept up.  It was a little rough because that meant I walked for 20 minutes with one long, rock hard contraction.  YOUCH.

When we got home, I sat on the patio while Aiden played in the yard.  I refused to get up until the contraction went away.  I sat there long enough to realize my potted plants needed watering.  When the giant cramp ended, I watered the plants, which inevitably brought the contractions back. 

Still no baby.  This exercise may not bring on a baby, but maybe it will strengthen my uterus so I'm more efficient in the delivery room.  Pft.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger