Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Ball in the Way

Have I mentioned that I'm ready to have this baby?  Aside from the fact that almost everything I do gives me contractions these days, there is the physical obstruction as well.  Here are a few of the ways this basketball gets in my way:
  • It's difficult to clean up after using the bathroom.  If you know what I mean.
  • The other day I was going in reverse in my car.  I put my hand on the passenger seat to help turn myself around and whacked my belly on the center console.  Ridiculous.
  • Shaving my legs is close to impossible these days.  Cleaning up "other areas" IS impossible.
  • Standing up from being on the ground is a work out.
  • Doing anything while squatting is not an option: gardening, getting paper towels out from under the kitchen sink, etc.
  • Sitting on the floor to put on Aiden's shoes is too difficult.  We do it on the couch or in a chair now.
  • Carrying bulky items, such as boxes or laundry baskets, is impossible.  I probably should have learned how to carry these items on my head.
  • I clip my work badge to my right pocket or belt loop.  If I'm carrying anything in my right hand, I have to switch it to my left hand since it cannot reach my clipped badge around the baby "bump".
Two days until my OB appointment (with the CHANCE to strip the membranes).  Two days until my dad gets to town.  Three days until my due date (May 18).  Four days of work left.  Five to nine days until I can be induced (date to be set this Thursday).

No comments:

Powered By Blogger