Monday, October 26, 2009

Ariel's Birthday Party

So it turns out that overnight stays with a baby are as hard as all the magazines say. Ariel's birthday was last week and to celebrate, her and Robert threw a party at their house. Because it was a normal party with single people and many people without children, it naturally did not get started until around 8pm. I am no good at driving at night, no matter the time, so Travis and I opted to stay the night at her house. Which worked out great because we had plans to go to Oktoberfest on the island on Saturday.

Since we live off the island, we had to pack the car Thursday night. We had to pack for Aiden, Callaway and for ourselves. Babies may be small, but they require (maybe not require, but to make life easier for all it is a necessity) all sorts of large equipment. We brought the play yard for Aiden to sleep in, a play mat for Aiden to play on, his stroller in case we wanted it at Oktoberfest, plus his clothes and diaper bag.

Somehow we managed to fit all this stuff, plus Aiden and Callaway, in my car Friday morning. I dropped the dog of at Ariel's on my way to work so he could play with Toby all day. Many thanks to Ariel and Robert putting up with our whiny dog!


Anyhoo, we had a grand ole time at the party. I haven't been to a party like that in ages. It was weird to see all of Ariel's friends that I haven't seen in at least a year. Plus there was a keg. Ha! Ariel has some friends that play in a band who played for us all night. Good times were had by all!


Robert!


Blowing out her birthday candles.



Cake face!!


Funny thing happened. Out of everything we had to pack in advance, we forgot the dang baby monitor. I was prepared to drive back home at the beginning of the party so that I wouldn't spend the whole night walking back to check on Aiden, when Ariel told me to wait. She called a couple friends and arranged to have a SECURITY CAMERA AND TV brought to her house by a friend. LOL! Travis taped the camera to Aiden's play yard and then set the TV on the back porch for anyone and everyone to watch when they were bored.

Everytime I walked by I told who ever was close enough, "Check out my baby burrito!" Because they know me so well and would really care to stare at a pixelated, black and white video of my son sleeping.

Stories of Saturday's festivities to come...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger