Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Ariel's Favorite Holiday

It's been a busy month so far, filled with Halloween activities. My dad has been compiling some things to send to us for a few months now, including birthday gifts and Halloween goodies. Alex included an Illini t-shirt for each of us.

I'm sort of known for my ability to kill plants. There are a few that I've managed to keep alive, but you can tell most of them are not happy. My main problem is not knowing how often to water the plant. There are some, like aloe vera, that do not need to be watered frequently. There are others, like my flowering plants, that need to be watered daily. And I am REALLY good at forgetting to do that. Partially to be funny, and I'm sure partially because he knows I could use it, my dad sent me a box of six Aqua Globes. Yes, sirree. As seen on TV!! I plan to test them out tonight.

Also in the care package from my dad was a bunch of our old Halloween costumes. We couldn't help but try them on. My dad wanted to be a part of the fun, so we talked via Yahoo Webcam. We were talking to my brother at this point...


Cleopatra Ariel

Ummmm....

That was late night #1. We had planned to carve pumpkins that night too, but time got away with us. We postponed the pumpkin carving until the following evening. Late night #2 ensues...



Aiden got in on the carving before he went to bed. Check out that mischevious smile. LOL!



Top Left: Haunted house with large bats flying over head, by Travis. Top Right: Dragon, by me. Bottom Left: Scarecrow with a pumpkin head, by Robert. Bottom Right: A detailed bat (hard to see because of the light), by Ariel. Robert bought us flickering LED lights to use instead of candles. They are da bomb.

Ariel and Robert supplied the beer and wings for dinner. Gotta love Wing Stop. I got a total of 11 hours of sleep between these two nights. I think Travis and I were in bed by 9pm the night after pumpkin carving. It's so hard to catch up on sleep. At least it was for social reasons. Makes it a little more tolerable. UGH.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Aidens face is hilarious!!!! I'm glad that Travis got to smush Aiden's hands in the pumpkin goo. Hopefully he doesn't develope the same fear at Travis had!

Sara's Satire said...

wow...look at you busy little bees!!! LOL Looks like you guys had a good time....I really wanted to take Logan to a pumkin patch last weekend but it was so rainy and cold and I decided against it since the last possible thing I need right now is for any of us to get sick!!! NOT AN OPTION! Hopefully after Landry is here we will be able to go and if not then I guess we will do it next year!!!

I am so sorry about Cody. That is so sad to lose an animal, especially when they have been with you for so long!

Nikki said...

Ya hopefully. I mean really - who has a fear of pumpkin guts? It's just irrational.

Powered By Blogger