Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer

About a year ago, a book that Stephenie Meyer was working on got leaked somehow. When I first read about this, I didn't immediately go find the book to read it. I felt like it went against what the author wanted so it felt wrong. The book is the same story as Twilight, but from Edward's point of view. With all this talk about New Moon coming to theaters and me re-reading it, I had vampire on the brain. Rachel and I went looking for Meyer's copy of Midnight Sun, the title she is giving Edward's version of Twilight.

As soon as I had read the first page, I was hooked. I had to read it. Unfortunately, there were two crappy details. One, the book is only available online. Since it is not cost effective or good for the environment, I did not want to print out the 264 pages. Two, the story is not finished. I already know how the story ends. I've read the whole saga already. But I don't know it from the vampire's point of view. I began obsessively reading the online story and finally finished it this past weekend.

I WANT MORE! When will Meyer ever finish this project?! I'm worried that she never will as a punishment to the one who leaked the copy. I hope she doesn't go this route. I NEED MORE. How do I get so rolled up in books? It's ridiculous. I know it drives Travis crazy when I get engrossed in a story. I guess now he knows what it's like for me when he watches football...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

she gave the partial part to a realitive who put it online and if you stop taking bout it then she'll finish it sooner if she wrote it in the state she is in she said that she would probly make james kill everyone 2 years after she feels it hs been forgotten shhe will finsh & publish it

Nikki said...

I did hear that before. It confuses me though because I thought the story was supposed to be the same as Twilight, only from Edward's point of view. It won't be the same story if James' kills everyone. ???

Powered By Blogger