Thursday, October 1, 2009

My baby is three months old!

Besides doubling his weight since birth, my little man has changed so much in the past three months. Lately, Aiden has been doing all sorts of new stuff. They are minor things, but when it comes to the slow day-to-day changes, I notice these things. Like how he has this loud jibber jabber when he gets tired. That's how he lets us know it's time for him to go to bed.




Sleepy Jibber Jabber from Nicolette Ward on Vimeo.

A really fun new "advancement" is he seems to touch things in interest. Most of the time his hand lands on something by accident. But once he gets a hold of a toy, he will spend a good amount of time concentrating very hard on the object:

He's getting really good at holding his head up. Every day he spends time in his Jumparoo, on his tummy time mat and occasionally in the Bumbo. He also does this thing where he tries to pull himself forward if you give him something to hold onto, like your hands. That means I can pull him from lying down into a sitting position without the Bobble Head Effect.

You probably won't be as entertained by it as Travis and I are, but I need to get his Wibble Wobble dance on video. When we hold him in the standing position he eventually gets tired and starts to wobble. Brenda had some Bob Marley going on the TV and she thought he was dancing to the music the first time she saw it. Teehee.

Travis and I have decided to move Aiden from the at-home sitter to a daycare. It was a tough decision, but I am confident with it. We had a difference in opinion with the sitter on many matters when it came to raising a baby and I was not ready to settle. I am pretty nervous about him starting at a big daycare, but I think it will be good for him. Let me say right now that I'm not looking forward to the runny noses that come with being in close proximity to a million other kids. I do not do well with mucous.

He starts at the new place in two weeks. The sitter didn't act too weird about us leaving her. I just hope the next couple of weeks aren't too awkward. I am sad for Aiden though. He loves his sitter. Whenever I drop him off in the morning I spend a few minutes catching up on what Aiden has been doing at her house. He always lights up when the sitter starts talking. She is such an animated person. I hope he finds someone that he likes as much as her at the daycare. The teachers seem nice enough. I hope Aiden agrees!

1 comment:

Sara's Satire said...

I am sure Aiden will do wonderful...He is such a cute little guy that the new teachers will probably be fighting over him! The runny noses and things like that will most likely happen right at the beginning (new germs) but on the bright side, it will also help build immunity! That means a baby who doesn't get sick very often later down the road! Woohoo.

Powered By Blogger