Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Oktoberfest Galveston

Saturday was another busy day. Aiden and I slept in until 7am by accident. I got a new cell phone and it has a horrible battery life. If I do nothing but text message during the day, the phone will die by 10pm. I've started charging the phone on my ride home from work everyday - something I never had to do with my two-year old phone. Anyway, point of the story is my phone died before morning, so my alarm didn't wake me up for the 6am feeding. No biggie really. I was glad to sleep in until the sun was coming up!

We planned to be at Oktoberfest at noon, just in time for lunch. But just as we learned the Thurday before when we were packing for the weekend, getting out of the house with a baby takes some time. We packed everything (except Callaway) up in the car and arrived at the festivities around 12:30. We grabbed beers (the guys all got liter-sized beer mugs!) and congregated to chat for a few minutes.


Travis, Aiden, my brat, a liter-beer and I

Rachel, Scott and a liter-beer


Linsey, Zach, Luke and you can just see a liter-beer over Linsey's shoulder


Nadya, Alexey, Kate and look at that tiny beer in Alexey's hand!
I don't think Alexey got the memo.


Then Aiden gave Luke a stare-down that made him let out a blood-curdling scream and then cry. It was so sad! My son is a bully!

We spent the rest of the afternoon alternating between the beer and food stands. We checked out the Cake Wheel and various tables with goods for sale. Of course you can't forget the German Oompah band.

Zicke, zacke, zicke, zacke, hoi, hoi, hoi!

2 comments:

Alexa said...

LOL! I love the stare off! O, how I wish we knew what they were thinking!

Sara's Satire said...

Looks like so much fun...and look at all the babies!!!

Powered By Blogger