Friday, October 9, 2009

Crazy fool tried to kill us!

Last weekend I made a trip to Babies R Us (I started pulling together the items necessary for the Halloween costume I'm making for Aiden) with the baby in tow. Right around the time I hit the part of the highway that has has no shoulder due to the ongoing construction, I came across some psycho attempting to drive a car. I run across people like this on the road occasionally and I always make a point to drive by them as quickly as possible to avoid their bad driving.

I thought this one would be no different. I noticed he was swerving back and forth between two lanes, so I decided to make my normal psycho-avoiding-maneuver. I drove at my normal speed in the left lane, while he wobbled around in the center lane. As soon as I was just behind him, I floored it to try to pass him before he tried to swerve into my lane. I couldn't believe it when he started to pull into my lane. No blinker. No warning. Not even a glance over his shoulder. Just straight up swerving.

I slammed on my brakes to get out of his way. Since there was no shoulder, I couldn't swerve out of the way at all. Of course there was someone behind me, but thankfully they were far enough back that they had time to react to my quick braking. I made it out of his way, all the while laying on my horn. I was in complete disbelief, trying to get my breathing under control when I opted for the opposite lane. Seconds later, the dumb ass was running into the concrete center dividers that I had narrowly missed being rammed into just moments before. I know he was inundated somehow because there was no over correcting to pull away from the concrete. Instead, he hovered on the wall, burning up the rubber on his tires for a moment before slowly pulling away.

No way was I going to pass this sucker. I got nervous when an impatient driver rode his ass for a few moments before flooring around him. I wished I could scream at that driver to avoid the crazo, but he made it by unscathed. I was only a few miles from my exit, so I stayed in the far lane, far behind Intoxicated Man. I wasn't about to risk my life or my son's life again.

It was about 2 in the afternoon, so the fool could have been drunk (although some people don't care what time of day it is for that). Or high. Or who knows what else. I even had a flash back of an episode of CSI: Las Vegas where some guy has a wooden stake stuck in his head that is causing him to drive erratically on his way to the hospital. No matter the case, this man should not be on the road. I was ready to call the police to report bad driving for the first time in my life. I don't know if it is because I have a child now, or just the level of this man's idiocy, but I wanted to report him before he killed someone. I was so frustrated when I realized he was driving with paper plates. I couldn't even tell what kind of a car it was except that it was a Buick. No way was I going to get any closer to find out.

Ironically, I passed a cop who was sitting on the side of the road at that moment and even deliberated for a moment on whether or not I should pull over and talk to him. I quickly decided that the bad driver would be long gone by the time I got to the cop. Not to mention I did not want to risk pulling over on the side of the high way with my son in the back seat.

The fool got away. I just hope he made it to his destination without hurting anyone. I like to think he got pulled over on his own.

1 comment:

Alexa said...

I sure hope he was not suffering from something medically! Or even emotionally! People drive like crazies down here. I often wonder why people are afraid to fly, but not to drive! I would MUCH rather fly anywhere...

Powered By Blogger