Friday, November 7, 2008

Just a few randoms...

The southbound lanes of Galveston Causeway finally opened up this week. They were able to get all the boats out of the way in time. Woohoo! The bridge is huge and shiny and the traffic doesn't get backed up anymore. Yes, the concrete is very shiny when the morning sun shines just right off of the lanes. If you can't tell, I'm very excited about this. I think they started the construction in 2004, so this bridge had it's time coming. Here, here to no more construction traffic!

*********************************************

Speaking of boats, it looks like they (I'm not sure who "they" are) are finally removing the shrimp boat from the Willie G's parking lot. It has been leaning on the toll booth since the storm. They took the mast down yesterday. Today the lot was filled with workers, a huge crane and a truck to tote the boat off. It is amazing what people can do.


*********************************************

I filled up my gas tank for only $30 yesterday! Gas was $1.99!! Travis asked me if gas prices have been under $2 since 9/11. I don't know the answer to that, but it feels like its been that long. I'm hoping this keeps up through January. Travis, Ariel, Robert and I have made the decision to drive to Illinois for the holidays and at these prices we will have money left over for more Christmas presents!

*********************************************

As I mentioned before, I have been reading the Twilight series (by Stephanie Meyer) for a month now. I am on the last book at the moment and it is INSANE. I cannot recommend this book more highly. I think it is great for all ages. Everyone from my friend's teenage daughter to my chiropractor and his wife enjoyed the books. If you like fantasy, adventure and maybe even a little romance, then you should pick up a copy of Twilight. Even though it's about vampires and there are many tense moments, I can't really say they belong in the horror genre. I think all I've been talking about with Rachel lately have been these books. She finally broke down and decided to read the series, and now she is hooked. I know Travis will be happy to have me get my nose out of the books and come back to Real Life. I have gotten so attached to the main character, Bella, that I cannot wait to see how it ends. It is bittersweet though, as much as I want to know how the characters end up, I don't want the story to end. At least I still have the movies!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger