Thursday, November 13, 2008

We're Gonna Be Famous!


Rachel and I got to experience something pretty fun yesterday. A camera man came into our lab to interview a few of the doctors from our work, including our boss. Then, all of us in the lab got to do some in between shots of us doing "science". Ha! It was pretty funny actually. All of my fantastic work in the morning was lost when the camera broke down. I threw a fit and said we could resume after lunch and I went to my trailer. Not really, but that would have been cool.

All this commotion is for a military health website. They are putting together various interviews from doctors. Rachel and I get to be the background. LOL! The recording took ALL day, so I guess it's a good thing I didn't have much going on at work yesterday.

At one point, a bigwig doctor came in to be interviewed, so the head of the department stopped in to see how everything was going. They chatted for a minute and the head asked if anyone had heard of the new hurricane scale, called IKE. I hadn't, so I looked it up. According to that scale, Hurricane Ike was quite the doozy. But I guess anyone here could have told you that.

I got the following quote from Wikipedia:

"Ike also had the highest IKE (Integrated Kinetic Energy) of any Atlantic storm in history. Integrated Kinetic Energy is a measure of storm surge destructive potential, similar to the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale, though the IKE is more complex and in many ways more accurate. On a scale that ranges from 1 to 6, with 6 being highest destructive potential, Ike earned a 5.6 on September 11 at 12:30pm (EDT). In comparison to Ike, hurricanes Katrina and Wilma, both from the 2005 Atlantic hurricane season peaked at 5.1."

1 comment:

Rachel said...

autograph sessions will be held in our lab at noon today :)

Powered By Blogger