Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hopefully it won't become a chew toy

Yesterday was a nice surprise - I didn't have to go into work because it was Veteran's Day! Thanks Grandpa, for serving our country. =)

Having a day off was good timing because I sat on my butt all day Sunday and didn't get a lot of things done that I had wanted to. The foremost being making a bed for Callaway. After he ate his bed in February, I went to buy another bed. I just bought a medium size one in case he tore that one up too. A few months ago, I decided to try putting his bed in his kennel. We have never been able to leave a blanket or pillow in his kennel because it usually meets the same demise as that bed in February. Turns out, he's still not ready to have anything besides a Kong ball in his kennel. Ever since then, I have been hesitant to get him another bed.

Every time I go to Walmart or Petco, I look at the beds, and then decide against it. The large beds are so expensive that the thought of risking Callaway eating it deters me from the purchase. I know that him tearing up both of those beds was my fault. He was not supposed to be left out of his kennel all day and he would never do that with us in the house. And the bed in his kennel is easily avoidable. I finally broke down and made him another bed yesterday. I still had that fabric from when I wanted to reupholster the kitchen chairs (which I still want to do, but need a different fabric), so I put that to good use.

It's still really fluffy, but I expect Callaway to pad that down over time. It took me three hours to complete and it's not the most perfect piece of work I've ever done, but it serves it's purpose. I made an interior pillow with the stuffing and then used the nice fabric to make an exterior cover that can be removed and washed. It's a little baggy, so there is room for more stuffing later if I choose to expand.



I think Callaway likes it. Now let's see how long it lasts.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks GREAT!!!! Nice job :)

Alexa said...

That is awesome and so feminine! I named my boy dog after a girl and you put your boy dog on girl furniture.

Unknown said...

Wow! It looks great!

Sara's Satire said...

Well, at least we know Logan likes it!

Powered By Blogger