Thursday, November 6, 2008

Creeps

I think I've mentioned before my borderline irrational fear of being attacked. This was only exacerbated by my sister's mugging. Last night I decided to go for a walk after work. The problem with going for a walk after work is that it is now dark by the time I get home. The thought of walking by myself in the dark FREAKS ME OUT. Last year, to get over this, Shannon and I would meet regularly to walk. But now she has moved far, far away and we can no longer take these walks together. Shannon recommended taking Callaway with me, but I recalled the last time we went for a walk and decided against it. I needed to de-stress, so I settled for my pepper spray and cell phone.

I made it all the way to where I would normally turn back to my house, but decided I needed to push myself a little further. I made it a couple blocks before I turned the corner, only to have a truck slowly pull up behind me. Of course I was freaking out, so I put my finger on the pepper spray, ready to attack. After what felt like five minutes, but was probably only five seconds, the truck driver pulled up next to me. What? Cuz he's going to entice me into his vehicle with candy? Does he think I'm a prostitute? What?! And then I see it's Travis. Damn him! He knows how skittish I am about being my myself. What an a-hole. Ugh. Anyways, after I shook it off and told him I was heading back home, he sped off ahead of me.

When I was three houses away from ours, the dang thing happened again! The nerve of him. This time when the truck slowed down, I quickly turned around to give Travis the stink eye, but he pointed his truck at me and I was blinded by his headlights. Another a-hole move! He was probably only four feet away from me. I quickly realized those headlights did not belong to Travis' truck. Obviously thoroughly freaked out, I walked faster while the guy crept along behind me. I decided to cut through JR and Sara's yard so the guy couldn't run me over. It felt like he followed me all the way to the edge of their yard. I started to run and when I reached the gate to my yard, I turned around to see who the hell this guy thought he was.

It was Sara and JR's neighbor. He drives his own work truck with a trailer that he backs into his drive every day after work. I'm still pissed that he got so close to me! Creep.

1 comment:

Alexa said...

We should find a good half way point and walk together, I would love it!

Powered By Blogger