Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Preparations

Ah. This morning was much better than yesterday's. I have my car back and it is working swimmingly. No hiccups driving into work either. I guess everyone in Galveston except me has taken today off because I made it to work in record time. Which is nice because that means I get to leave that much earlier at the end of the day.

I'm looking forward to this weekend. I am thankful I will have my husband at home for FOUR WHOLE DAYS in a row. I know Travis is looking forward to this also. I'm a little bummed that my sister Ariel won't be back from Illinois in time for Thanksgiving at our house. When she tried to buy a train ticket to come back this week, the prices were jacked up probably due to the holiday. She originally was planning to come back Thanksgiving morning, but then changed it to the evening when I told her that would be stupid to skip the big meal. This way, she'll spend Turkey Day with my dad. It's been a long time since she's done that, so I'm sure it will be nice for both her and my dad.

I'm also looking forward to having my house filled with friends tomorrow. There should be a total of 10 people sharing the turkey tomorrow at approximately 4pm. We'll see how the schedule actually pans out. Since I'm getting out of work early today, I'm going to run home and start the preparations. I'm baking a pecan pie and then will spend a couple hours cleaning the house. Then this evening I think we are going over to JR and Sara's to hang out since none of us have to work in the morning. Well, I'm not sure about Sara's paper route...

David, Stephanie and Wednesday are celebrating Thanksgiving at Stephanie's step-mom's house in Houston. They will stay the remainder of the weekend with us. It's going to be great because we haven't seen them since we stayed at their house the week after Ike hit (the middle of September).

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger